Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Confused Did you enlarge the image? It doesn't look out of shape that way...

I'm pretty certain I never said it looked out of shape, I said it looked jaggy. Maybe you need some glasses there, buddy Razz (and yes, I did zoom the image to 100% before making that statement) Compare the rounded edges on the text to that of the circle. The text is a nice, smooth, anti-aliased curve. The circle, however, is jagged and not smooth
Quote:
I'm pretty certain I never said it looked out of shape, I said it looked jaggy.

jaggy == out of shape, since it's not perfect Razz

Quote:
Maybe you need some glasses there, buddy

Or get off of my tiny low-res screen on my PDA...

*checks on higher-res monitor*

It's still not that bad...

*checks 1400x1500 res pic*

Okay, so maybe it is bad...
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
jaggy == out of shape, since it's not perfect Razz

psh, no it doesn't. Need a dictionary(.com)? Razz as for the low-res PDA, that would make it appear even worse at 100% zoom
Now I have to use <sarcasm> tags with you too? XD

</sarcasm>
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Now I have to use <sarcasm> tags with you too? XD

</sarcasm>

Did you not notice the 'Razz' emoticon there, buddy? Razz (er, I mean, </sarcasm>)
wow. You even quoted me using my </sarcasm> tag Laughing

I think I need to boldface my <sarcasm> tags.

</sarcasm>
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I think I need to boldface my <sarcasm> tags.

Don't forget to amp up that font size as well, and maybe make it rainbow colored Razz
That would make it insanely gay Laughing

I can't really tell on my 1400x1050, 12.1" screen; the pixel resolution is high enough that it's not noticeable at all.
foamy3 wrote:
Wow, I love this one! I think I might replace my other one with this.

thanks, I <3 GIMP
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

thanks, I <3 GIMP
Agree'd. Excellent use of the bumpmap, and I love how you continued the arrow from the CALCnet2 logo. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

thanks, I <3 GIMP
Agree'd. Excellent use of the bumpmap, and I love how you continued the arrow from the CALCnet2 logo. Smile

thanks, I actually didn't use bump map, I used a combo of the Script-Fu drop shadow and the emboss filter.
Oh, ok, I thought it was drop shadow, new layer, then bumpmap to the original. Works for me.
KermMartian wrote:
I can't really tell on my 1400x1050, 12.1" screen; the pixel resolution is high enough that it's not noticeable at all.

again, the higher the quality of your monitor, the worse it will appear. So you either have a really crappy screen (or its not calibrated correctly - contrast/brightness and such), or you aren't looking carefully (or you are used to it, and don't know what it should/could look like). It is really quite horrible looking compared to the anti-aliased text thats right next to it

If you still can't see what I'm talking about, zoom in 400% (or so). The circle will appear very distinctly shaped (as in the pixels have a high contrast between the circle and the background), whereas the edges of the text will be slightly blurry, with a pixel (or two) of a color between that of the text border and the background. It is this slight "blur" that creates the smooth curve appearance, and it is why the circle looks so ugly without the anti-aliasing
Uh, no, I have incredible pixel spacing (something like 150 pixels per an inch), so I can barely see the individual pixels if I'm not zoomed. Of course I can see it zoomed, but it's not a huge concern for me. That's one of my few complaints with the GIMP - the magic wand isn't antialiased.
yeah, you are also on a puny 12.1 in screen Razz

but who said anything about the magic wand? I just want you to AA that circle Very Happy
doesn't bother me on either of my monitors.
Yes, but Kllrnohj is being picky Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
yeah, you are also on a puny 12.1 in screen Razz

but who said anything about the magic wand? I just want you to AA that circle Very Happy
That outer dark border was created with the magic wand, hence why it is aliased. And yeah, I hear ya.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours