KermMartian wrote:
Interesting idea, I like it. Unfortunately, you'd run into the same problem as with detecting whether crashes are DCS's fault or not: ungodly amounts of Flash wear.

hmmm, you could an SE only feature like Omnicalc has that backs up RAM into one of the extra pages....
'Tis an idea. How often would you recommend doing that? Would it be a user-triggered event or something that happened every time DCS started?
KermMartian wrote:
'Tis an idea. How often would you recommend doing that? Would it be a user-triggered event or something that happened every time DCS started?

prolly every time DCS starts.....
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

prolly every time DCS starts.....
Then it could be done in a tiny SE if I decide to add the feature. I won't worry about putting it in the kernel for now.
That sounds like an interesting idea... I wonder, can you create .8xg files (group files) via application??
You can do anything (almost) to the TI's memory with ASM, so yes, you can certainly make group files.
Hmm... so you would be able to check and add all the programs/variables that are in RAM, check there is enough flash, and then just group the files that are in RAM? Would that not be the easiest way, anyways, since anything in ROM is mostly safe anyways...
Eh, I think I'd prefer the idea of writing $8000 through $FFFF to two idle ROM pages, then give the option of restoring after a crash.
KermMartian wrote:
That's precisely what I'm already doing. Including the getkeycsc loop and the buttonup. *sighs again*

add a half second pause after the buttonup maybe?
Eh, maybe. I'll keep trawling the ASM fora such as Revsoft and Detached Solutions to see if I can find topics of other people having this problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours