After quite a bit of hemming and hawing, I have decided to release Doors CS 5.8 Beta 1,the final new major beta before release candidacy for Doors CS 6 begins. This version contains a plethora of bug fixes and upgrades, such as solutions to the icon misalignment with folders and several GUI issues that elfprince13, our now-retired administrator, helped me to find. The shell expansions system has been completely rewritten and optimized for speed; information on SEs can be found in the wiki. New features have been added as well, from the bright and shiny new Intelligent Writeback (IW) execution subsystem to the spiffy second-generation associated program subsystem. As with all previous beta releases, please download it, try it out, post any comments, suggestions, praise, rants, and bug reports on the forum, and especially let me know if you'd like to learn more about developing for DCS6.

Download:
Doors CS 5.8 Beta 1
Running it with the 5.7 appvar causes a ram clear. And is it just me, or does the mouse go a lot slower than it used to?
Well, duh, the app var has to be deleted everytime you upgrade... Razz

I will try to check it out tonight.
fixed the link in your post.

you forgot to mention all the nifty power features, like start with the OS

also, for some reason the On button no longer turns the calc off in-shell.
foamy3 wrote:
Running it with the 5.7 appvar causes a ram clear. And is it just me, or does the mouse go a lot slower than it used to?
It's because of a bug in the appvar autoupdate routine. It's not supposed to clear your RAM.

Noticed the shutoff bug this morning. I'm working on that; no need to add it to the bug tracker.
What about the mouse speed thing? It seems really slow, now. And the speed change thing in the options doesn't work, right? I messed with it but nothing seemed to happen.
foamy3 wrote:
What about the mouse speed thing? It seems really slow, now. And the speed change thing in the options doesn't work, right? I messed with it but nothing seemed to happen.
The speed change is on purpose - you'll get used to it. It accelerates as you hold it down; this should make it easier to move the mouse more precisely.
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
The speed change is on purpose - you'll get used to it. It accelerates as you hold it down; this should make it easier to move the mouse more precisely.

I noticed this, and I love it.
perhaps you can add the options for both the amount of acceleration (including an 'off' switch), and the 'normal' speed
Yeah, I need to make the acceleration meter do that. Currently it *should* adjust it, but it doesn't.
No, I'm saying TWO meters, one for acceleration, and then one for the 'base' speed
Ah, that's doable. Currently the base speed is defined at buildtime, but I can certainly make it dynamic. Word.
When you exit by clicking the bottom right 'X' with 2nd, it the TI-OS is 2nd'ed.

If anyone else understands what I just said, feel free to translate it.
You mean that when it exits, it is not clearing the last stored key from the getkey rom call, right?
Translation: need 2nd and clear debouncing is the mouse routine.
I use direct key input, none of that sissy getkey stuff. I read directly from the keyboard port. Wink
How am I supposed to know?? It isn't like I have programmed a single line of code for DCS... Rolling Eyes Though I guess I have made my fair share of suggestions for things... Razz
True dat. For interested parties, a mini ASM leasson:

Getkey: has all of the TI-OS hooks and interrupts enabled. Things like [2nd], [ALPHA], and alphalock work. APD can trigger from inside a Getkey.

GetCsc: like Getkey, but the TI-OS stuff is disabled. Slightly faster than getkey, but still slower than direct input.

Direct Input: Write group hex codes to port 1, then read from port 1 to check if any keys in that group have been pressed. Superfast, but complex to program.
Holding down alpha makes the right click menu go on off on off on off...
I have to quickly tap it to make it stay on...
calc84maniac wrote:
Holding down alpha makes the right click menu go on off on off on off...
I have to quickly tap it to make it stay on...
Duly noted, that's the same debounce problem.
I have one thing to say, archive all your programs, go into DCS, go to the menu. Go to the contrast options and click to make the contrast go higher Evil or Very Mad

P.S. Kerm, you had better fix that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours