HaveACalc: Apprentice
I felt the need to quote this:
Quote:
In all my experience in BASIC-programming on calcs, I have never been pushed, nor have I felt the need to work hard. First joining the programming the community at CalcGames.org, competition was not much seen, though I still outrank almost everyone there as a programmer (TI Freak and Xero Xcape (CDI) are among the best people there. But, unless I forgot someone, I would consider everyone else to be far below me in 83/84 BASIC). In such a relaxed environment, I taught myself pretty much all the algorithms and concepts I use today. I wish not to be judged by my earlier games, as I have grown drastically as a programmer since releasing them. Users at CalcGames may not be aware of my current abilities, seeing how most all of my recent projects have been lost in a tragic calculator death (no, seriously!).
Here at Cemetech, I already see much more action and competitiveness. Never before have my skills really been put to the test. I must say that this place is a t a much higher skill level than I have usually seen, but I still do well.
If, for any reason, you feel it necessary to test the credibility of what I have said about myself, please do so, by all means. Thank you for taking my joining into consideration.

Well, here's your chance then. Let's see these awesome recent projects rebuilt; glad we're a bit of a challenge for ya. If they're 1337 enough, you might even gain full membership.

Lafferjm: Apprentice
For his persistence in figuring out TI-BASIC and even experimenting with ASM, HTML, PHP, etc, we believe that lafferjm shows substantial potential and deserves to be in the BASIC Elite.

Calc84Maniac: Member
Thanks to the very impressive Sudoku (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38994.html), we believe that Calc84Maniac meets the requirements to be a member of the 1337. Cognrats.

Harq: Apprentice
Well, he won the contest, but he would probably have been accepted anyway. Membership is fairly close, once we see another good project from him.

Foamy3: Apprentice
Never officially announced, but his "Yot-Z" yahtzee clone was impressive enough to deserve apprenticeship.

Those who still need to prove themselves and may submit an app once they have another project to show: Glenn, Netham45.
congragulations (should we update the Member list post at all?).
*cough* I told you that you put me as a full member a while ago, but you did not change it Rolling Eyes Put me as an apprentice! Wink
rivereye wrote:
congragulations (should we update the Member list post at all?).
Excellent idea. Oh, and I need to generate a new badge for Alex since he changed hosting.
yeah, and if/when I get around, I will be bugging you also for one (maybe there should be a think in BASIC Elite members profile (or some area) for us to generate our own codes or somthing).
Sure, I could even add that in the member profile, probably... the problem is that I don't want people other than the official user to get their hands on it.
well, you have it coded so in the side panel, only admins have the admin panel link, find out which group numbers are the BE, and if in either of groups, display a get code link, that kind of thing.
That sounds like a fair system. I will definitely consider adding that to make life easier for people.
sounds like a plan (if you need help, just ask).
Definitely, will do. Actually, there's a way to get it right now, but I don't plan on publishing it. Very Happy
*bump* another full member! While some of the programs he submitted were self-admittedly not completely optimized, the quality and originality of them convinced us he deserved membership in the Elite. I'm happy to welcome bfr to the Basic Elite!
KermMartian wrote:

Never officially announced, but his "Yot-Z" yahtzee clone was impressive enough to deserve apprenticeship.

I became a member with Skatepark83+, though, remember?
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1780
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Exactly, but I had never officially announced when you first became an apprentice. Now I have.
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Exactly, but I had never officially announced when you first became an apprentice. Now I have.

Ah, I get it. Cool!
Ok! I am working on a 3-level Greyscale FPS right now, but it uses Omnicalc.....
congratulations guys, welcome to the club

Kerm: just add a page that requires b31337 group membership to view.
netham45 wrote:
Ok! I am working on a 3-level Greyscale FPS right now, but it uses Omnicalc.....
Pure BASIC is sometimes preferred, but if you can make it excellent, I'd bet it will be 1337.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours