sorry Kerm,

I was using the 5.8 internal beta on my calc, and I scrolled down the last notch on the desktop and got a RAM clear..... (I was in the midst of updating all my games to have icons for DCS publicity too....)
How many programs would you estimate that you had on your calculator at the time? SOMETHING must be overwriting part of saferam...
KermMartian wrote:
How many programs would you estimate that you had on your calculator at the time? SOMETHING must be overwriting part of saferam...

18, kinda scary cause Ive been able to use as many as 50 without issue before...
Did any of your programs start with a two-byte token? That causes that same type of crash for me...
calc84maniac wrote:
Did any of your programs start with a two-byte token? That causes that same type of crash for me...
Shock And you didn't give me this piece of information to help solve the bug? Surprised Smile Please, elaborate.
Remember that Delvar problem we talked about where DCS thinks it's a DCS asm program? Well, it so happens that it happens with any token starting with $BB.
try this code in a program, its wierd

Code:
Ans->Str1

and then look at its icon in DCS
Yeah, ok, I think I see where we're going with this. Elfprince, can you detail exactly what all the programs were? I need to figure out the pattern - it looks to me like I'm perhaps missing a check for $6D in VatFind.
I'VE GOT IT! String names start with $AA. The hexcode for 'xor d' is also $AA. That bug occurs when a string name is at the third byte of a program! Maybe it should start looking for $BB6DAA.
Actually, $BB,$6D,$AA is the DCS header intro, but OH SNAP I bet the version check has a stack error!!!! Hehe, it would be awesome if that was it.
I'm not sure if this a scroll bug, but it is a bug. I thought it was solved a while ago. At the far right of the screen, at the first row, right next to the scroll bar, there is a lower case 'i'. The bottom row programs/folders don't show the names.

EDIT: Deleting the appvar did nothing.
EDIT2: I moved a program from the second row into a folder. Now I have just 1 folder and no programs on the second row. This changed the far right "i" to an "I". Deleting that folder, eliminating the second row, removed the "I".
That original rightside offset bug was indeed due to folders. May I ask what your folder was called, the deleting of which removed the phantom i/I? The name may be key in solving this.
I just randomly typed a folder name. I'm pretty sure it was PK. It was definitely only 2 letters. I figured it just disappeared because the second row was gone. I just had 2 programs(Both DCS, 1 8bit and 1 16bit) and a folder left.
When you had something on the second row, were any of the programs missing? Or alternatively, did you have any program icons without names or visa versa?
Nothing had a name on the second row. The only program down there didn't have an icon. It did show the default TI-BASIC icon, though.
So it is indeed the same bug I thought I got fixed. There must be another branch within that section of the labyrinthine VATFind system that I didn't repair with the new spacing. Bah.
I originally had all of my programs deleted. I ungrouped some of them, played a game, then ungrouped the rest. This caused the error. I cleared my ram and ungrouped both of my group files again, but the error didn't come back.
KermMartian wrote:
So it is indeed the same bug I thought I got fixed. There must be another branch within that section of the labyrinthine VATFind system that I didn't repair with the new spacing. Bah.

/me thinks you haven't released a new version since you fixed it.
calc84maniac wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

/me thinks you haven't released a new version since you fixed it.
Shock That is indeed possible... lemme get this one set for release and do so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours