Paste yours!

Tablets ++. Click to enlarge.

Is that a DCS Installer I see? I'm at school.
....? Oh, no, that's my custom icon on my Doors CS 6 dev folder.

Dual Monitors, w00t

btw, lappy is same background, just 800*600 and the 2k look (XP is really slow on it).

That's dual monitors (1152*864 and 1024*768) with one of the included vista backgrounds.
Gentoo, XGL/Compiz. Larger copy via link in picture.
I'll get mine up once I get on my regular computer. Liazon, is that my game I see? Wink
Sage Orator wrote:
I'll get mine up once I get on my regular computer. Liazon, is that my game I see? Wink

Liazon, where?!?!!
gaddamit...I keep getting Rivereye and Liazon's avatar mixed up.
actually, I have three avatar's rotating around. Yeah, that is yours (and the other entries).
Very nice, guys. Is that KDE with the new OGL theme engine?
I see my contest entry and some others Wink
KermMartian wrote:

Didn't realize KDE was working on its own engine.
If you're asking about mine, that's the XGL kllrnohj started a topic on a little while ago. I set the taskbar to be transparent, but it's regular 3.5...
KermMartian wrote:

As I understand it the only WM that utilizes all the fancy effects with XGL is compiz, so it can't be the OGL theme engine, as that isn't for compiz. Wink However, maybe Metacity (Gnome's WM) and the WM that KDE has as default will get those effects, but probably not until XGL is "stable" and better supported. (ie, drivers)

Oh, and here are my screenies. First, with XGL: (Doesn't work with dual monitors correctly - or at least not that I can get with the nVidia official drivers)

And regular X: (Dual monitors, 2560x1024)

@Rivereye: I find it hilarious that you are using a pro-linux BG on an XP machine Razz
I know it is, but I do have Linux on the machine, just have to redo it to get Ubuntu on it (and with the possibility of getting a new comp, I don't want to have to redo everything, and then do it again).
rivereye wrote:
I know it is, but I do have Linux on the machine, just have to redo it to get Ubuntu on it (and with the possibility of getting a new comp, I don't want to have to redo everything, and then do it again).

Oh, I know you use linux, as I've answered some of your questions about it here Razz I was just saying that its a wierd background to have for your Windows desktop Very Happy
I know it is, but I liked it, so I stuck with it. Might change though soon, who knows. Btw, how much of a pain in the butt will Ubuntu be with Dual Monitors (FC4 didn't like it for some odd reason).
Um... I'm not sure. Its not hard to do manually though, as both nvidia and ati have driver support for dual monitors and have tools to help setup an X config. I'm not sure, however, if ubuntu has support for Xinerama extensions, as on most packages its an optional config flag that isn't enabled by default...
Sweet, Kllrnohj. And yes, I meant XGL, not OGL.
UPDATE: I got some new GNOME themes and tweaked my desktop a bit, so get to drooling Very Happy Oh, and netham, you'd like the dictionary search built into the panel at the top Wink

The 4 black boxes in the top panel represent CPU usage, Memory usage, network load, and harddisk IO, respectively

I'm using Clearlooks-Quicksilver (modified to be non-animated so it works in Gnome 2.14) for the controls, Clearlooks2-Squared for the window borders, and Dropline Neu for the icons

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours