a couple of these have been posted elsewhere but I want to get them all down in the same place.

1)add a spellchecker that can detect DAWG and uses its word list
2) add support for omnicalc font files
3) this is my favorite yet: you know how people have been complaining about mario levels and such showing up? why not allow people to specify programs as a certain custom file-type with its own icon with some extra header info that can be stored in the comment area of the 8xp header. this way people can more easily sort out mario files, calcdb, and other various levelsets/datafiles that aren't DCS compatible Associated Programs but that have the same job....

4) also, please make the little (x) bubble that pops up when you are low on memory overwrite any pixels under it so that it doesn't just look like pixel-garbage mixed in with the bottom-right most icon
Would #s 1 and 2 not promote Detached Solutions, the creator of MirageOS, DCS's enemy? Confused
I'm all for it as long as that's not a problem. Good Idea
calc84maniac wrote:
Would #s 1 and 2 not promote Detached Solutions, the creator of MirageOS, DCS's enemy? Confused
I'm all for it as long as that's not a problem. Good Idea

its only MOS thats the enemy Wink and besides, it would be more features to help get people to transition to DCS
Heh, enemy? Nah, friendly competition is always a good thing. It is when one side tries to undermine the other is when things are bad, and they have yet to do that. Heck, Kerm has posted on DS several times needing help with something.

I think DCS being able to create and maintain an "ignore" list would be a good idea...
you could also have an icon for iondetect files
I like the idea of hiding iDetect files, but there's no easy way to figure out which of the files headers are BASIC programs and which are Ion levels. :/
KermMartian wrote:
I like the idea of hiding iDetect files, but there's no easy way to figure out which of the files headers are BASIC programs and which are Ion levels. :/

use my idea of using the comment space to allow users to mark which files go with which programs and to allow them to create custom icons
The problem is that the comment part of the 8xp header doesn't get transferred with the file - only the data section goes to the calc. I'd consider making all non-header files go into a special UNSORTED folder when the AppVar is first created (presumed to be when the VAT has been cleared by a RAM clear or DCS is installed for the first time) but I don't think BASIC users would be too happy about that.
KermMartian wrote:
The problem is that the comment part of the 8xp header doesn't get transferred with the file - only the data section goes to the calc. I'd consider making all non-header files go into a special UNSORTED folder when the AppVar is first created (presumed to be when the VAT has been cleared by a RAM clear or DCS is installed for the first time) but I don't think BASIC users would be too happy about that.

hmmm....you could just scan for a null byte since basic programs can't contain thus
</me thinks>

Huh, I guess you're right about that. Sweet! I think that's exactly what I'll do. If there's no header and the file contains any zeros, it gets shunted into LEVELS.
KermMartian wrote:
</me thinks>

Huh, I guess you're right about that. Sweet! I think that's exactly what I'll do. If there's no header and the file contains any zeros, it gets shunted into LEVELS.

Very Happy, see I have good ideas too Wink

also, what about ideas 1,2, and 4
1 - doubtful
2 - perhaps
4 - definitely.
KermMartian wrote:
1 - doubtful
2 - perhaps
4 - definitely.

4 is bugging me the worst atm, 1 and 2 would both be uBer Cool.
I'll see how much extra time I have when I finish everything important before I decide about attacking 1 and 2. 4 will take about five minutes.
KermMartian wrote:
I'll see how much extra time I have when I finish everything important before I decide about attacking 1 and 2. 4 will take about five minutes.

1 would be even be better for DocDE, 2 is just eye candy of course, but its awesome eye candy and is another good reason for people to switch to DCS
It would be better for Document DE, but I have no idea how I would go about implementing that. Well, some idea, but not a huge amount of idea.
KermMartian wrote:
It would be better for Document DE, but I have no idea how I would go about implementing that. Well, some idea, but not a huge amount of idea.

....use a debugger to find the start address of where the words are stored, then search them yourself
The page swapping would be a massive pain in the next though.
KermMartian wrote:
The page swapping would be a massive pain in the next though.

hmm....true
I'd have to first figure out where the DAWG app was, then read off its page(s) until I found the right word (or if I didn't, underscore the word), which would cause massive slowdown.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours