Ahoy, mateys! It be International Speak Like a Pirate Day today. Arr!! Sorry, couldn't resist.
Happy Speak Lika A Pirate Day!

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Speak_Like_a_Pirate_Day
w00t...or...Aarrgghh!

You may now call me Steve the Pirate!
It's international speak like a pirate day, but some people went all the way and dressed a little like a pirate as well. Yearrgh matey! This be a day not many will observe!
Last year at my school it was a really big thing. They even played music from Pirates of the Carribean between classes and some teachers dressed as pirates. This year was boring in comparison.
I had no idea this day existed, but a few people in school had pirate caps on. Is there a database of obscure holidays somewhere? Like is there a calendar for them on wikipedia?
This explains why my choir teacher had us sing "What would you do with a drunken sailor" today.
In response to my question, I found this: http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/

Tomorrow is national punch day, and you can bet I'm going to take advantage of that. Very Happy Evil or Very Mad
I can honestly say I've been speaking like a pirate throughout the day. The Skype conference log can affirm to that. Very Happy
I forgot about it today for a bulk of it.
I thoguht about it in the morning, but then forgot again until noonish.
I got some odd looks at lunch today when I greeted my friends with a heart ahoy.....arrrrghh
Dag, I forgot to fly my jolly roger today! I guess I could tomorrow, but it might be a little obscure. (Although it was up for most of July, too.)
Arrgh, matey! (Now that's a generalization of pirates if I've ever seen one Smile )

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours