Over the past three days, I have gone from working associated icons for associated programs to a full system of data passthrough, including support for archived and unarchived main progams and data files. The screenshot below demonstrates all four combinations of archived and unarchived program and file, all of which are now operational. In the process, I discovered a few nonfatal but nevertheless fixable bugs that remained within ASM execution routines. I plan to now take a short hiatus from the associated program routines and redevote my energies to fixing the multiline text input routine for the GUI API. If I can complete that routine and doublecheck all three of the text input routines, I should be all set to release Doors CS 5.8 Beta 1, which I plan to release around the various calculator forums to begin to raise awareness and allow programmers to begin development for apps to be released concurrently with Doors CS 6. It should also allow a wider set of bug checking and reporting to occur. In the meantime, please take a few minutes to go to the Doors CS documentation hub, http://dcs.cemetech.net, and fill in any information you may know and be willing to add.

Whoa! Sweet! Great job, Kerm!

Ooh! Ooh! I have an Idea! Make a default folder for recognized data files so the home screen(in DCS) isn't all cluttered!
Interesting idea. However, data files can be moved around just like regular folders and files, and I'm considering making GUIfied Open and Save As routines. Eh?
I know, but I happen to have... Let me count... 4 SM1.2 levels... 9 Wolf levels... there's about 9 UT2 files.... Right now, that is 22 right now, and I am sure I forgot some. Maby we should have auto data sorting... Very Happy
excellent work Captain Kerm
I've got a wee request for this stuff. If you haven't already, could you have it do something with Omnicalc fonts (not show them, whatever)? I've got one laying around, and obviously I don't want to try to run it.
The Tari wrote:
I've got a wee request for this stuff. If you haven't already, could you have it do something with Omnicalc fonts (not show them, whatever)? I've got one laying around, and obviously I don't want to try to run it.

OOO, maybe he could add support for Omnicalc font files...
Nah, I doubt it. See the other topic for details.
KermMartian wrote:
Nah, I doubt it. See the other topic for details.

note the post date on the other topic Wink
Exactly, I was trying to finalize this topic without actually closing it.
KermMartian wrote:
Exactly, I was trying to finalize this topic without actually closing it.

lol, sometimes you can just let sleeping topics lie </pun>
Fair enough. Consider this topic let lie.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours