Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
KermMartian wrote:
*bump* Elfprince was right this should say 5.7 Beta 3


Post and news item fixed.
Ty, I forgot all about that.
alright, sounds good.

also, would it be possible for you to keep appvar archived except when settings are being changed?
elfprince13 wrote:
alright, sounds good.

also, would it be possible for you to keep appvar archived except when settings are being changed?
Why do that? It's only 77 bytes, and all that archiving and rearchiving (I actually frequently use its contents during normal execution) would be rather bad for the ROM.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
alright, sounds good.

also, would it be possible for you to keep appvar archived except when settings are being changed?
Why do that? It's only 77 bytes, and all that archiving and rearchiving (I actually frequently use its contents during normal execution) would be rather bad for the ROM.


one word: Gemini

and how often do you actually have to change something?
It's not the writing, it's the reading. And yes, I do write to it fairly often as well (I use ProgNameSpace, ProgNameSpace2, SafeArcFlags, and SafeArcFlag3 during all program execution).
KermMartian wrote:
It's not the writing, it's the reading. And yes, I do write to it fairly often as well (I use ProgNameSpace, ProgNameSpace2, SafeArcFlags, and SafeArcFlag3 during all program execution).


well as it stand at the moment the DCS appvar is too bug to allow it to run Gemini Sad
It needs that extra 77 bytes?!?!
KermMartian wrote:
It needs that extra 77 bytes?!?!


not all of them, but its 23868 bytes, so you can't really have anything in the VAT and still run it....
Shock How about if you delete lists 1-6?
KermMartian wrote:
Shock How about if you delete lists 1-6?


dude, Im not worried about lists, Im worried about my other games, and Ive even put everything into various groups with 2 letter file names....
Ah, then I guess you can only play it with an empty calc. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, then I guess you can only play it with an empty calc. Sad


precisely, which will not be attractive to people wanting to use DCS...I managed to get my free RAM to 23873 bytes, but DCS trashes that...
But MirageOS has the same problem... they create an AppVar that takes up too much space, and forget Ion.
KermMartian wrote:
But MirageOS has the same problem... they create an AppVar that takes up too much space, and forget Ion.


Mirage is only 21 bytes and its archived....
I can play Gemini fine with the appvar (I have a TI-83+ )
Harq wrote:
I can play Gemini fine with the appvar (I have a TI-83+ )


how many programs do you have?
A large number of group files and the appvar is the only thing unarchived. I just run Gemini from DCS or Mirage.
Huh, weird. Anyway, I'm giving this a short break until I finish with the associated program routines.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement