Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I am having the same problem. If it doesn't end in a screen that has 6 programs it tends to lock on mine. it scrolls up a couple of screens then dies.
Interesting. Perhaps something's messing up its count of how many screens down it is? Confused
just a side effect to be wary of: the current version of DCS unarchives/rearchives the program...this means if it crashes your game gets deleted to Neutral
elfprince13 wrote:
just a side effect to be wary of: the current version of DCS unarchives/rearchives the program...this means if it crashes your game gets deleted to Neutral
As I stated in the frontpage news, Beta 2 has a completely new set of routines that are much more intelligent for both BASIC and ASM archive handling. Smile
What if a program writes back but doesn't change the size?


200 post countdown status...
4 more posts...
calc84maniac wrote:
What if a program writes back but doesn't change the size?
It checks both size and contents between the old and new programs. If either the size or the contents changed, it does the writeback. Otherwise it deletes the temporary program in RAM and keeps the original that was in ROM.
I just read the DCS SDK, and there's some BASIC stuff I didn't know about, like auto-unarchiving subroutines. I am now using that on my contest entry. Smile
calc84maniac wrote:
I just read the DCS SDK, and there's some BASIC stuff I didn't know about, like auto-unarchiving subroutines. I am now using that on my contest entry. Smile
Very Happy Cool beans. Glad that someone reads that stuff I write. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:
I just read the DCS SDK, and there's some BASIC stuff I didn't know about, like auto-unarchiving subroutines. I am now using that on my contest entry. Smile
Very Happy Cool beans. Glad that someone reads that stuff I write. Wink


It has BASIC stuff? I looked through the SDK on the wiki and could only find ASM stuff...
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Category:SDK
Is that the wrong link?
Quote:
Maybe it could do like CrunchyOS does and write changes to an appvar so it dosnen't have to GC all the time...

...hen only write changes to that appvar only when there are changes like it does for programs.
It is hidden with invisible ink... you need to apply heat to your monitor to make it visible...




Just Joking Razz

I think you need to dl the sdk in order to get that info...
Dan is correct. I will be adding the info from the SDK to the wiki here when I get a chance:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=BASIC_Header
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement