With the release of this Doors CS beta, I have decided to bump the version up one minor number to 5.7, as it contains a great deal of change from the last 5.6 beta. Almost all of the interactive GUI routines have been completed, save the single and multiline text input sections, custom cursors have been implemented with the help and feedback of the Cemetech forum and members, and a start menu has been implemented and made partially functional. For the first time, only partial documentation has been included with Doors CS, since you can find the full documentation on the Doors CS Wiki.

Download
Doors CS 5.7 Beta 1
Here's a mockup of the About screen that I drew on my 84 today at work:
Awesome. Looking good. Like chinese food Wink
/me Drools for a moment (not because of brownies), grabs the beta, tests it in PTI, puts his calc back together, and sends it to it.
/me deletes mirage to make room
nice screenshot, Kerm, very impressive. When do you think that will be integrated into DCS? What about the Startup splash screen?
Looks great, I'm kicking myself for not bringing my cable.
Bug: breaking execution of a BASIC program results in an Error: Break message (with only Quit as an option) upon exiting the application.
Add it to the wiki?

Good job Kerm. Good Idea
Definitely add it to the wiki. I've been busy with a secret project, but I should have a decent amount of work done on DCS by late afternoon tomorrow, including adding the about section.
Yup, I added it.
The Tari wrote:
Yup, I added it.
And I updated it. I'll fix that riding to work tomorrow when I add the About screen.
*bump* finished the About screen, onto the [On] bug.

how safe is it to run MOS programs at this point?
You only need to be aware of Bug A0005:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Active_Bug_A0005
I don't really want to fill out a bug report because this is really more of a user-error, but if you have a BASIC program (or probably an asm program, too) that exits with 'Clear', it will exit the app if you hold it in. You have to hit it quickly and let go to stay in DCS. You might want to add some type of catch to make sure this doesn't happen.
foamy3 wrote:
I don't really want to fill out a bug report because this is really more of a user-error, but if you have a BASIC program (or probably an asm program, too) that exits with 'Clear', it will exit the app if you hold it in. You have to hit it quickly and let go to stay in DCS. You might want to add some type of catch to make sure this doesn't happen.
Sure, that's an easy keybuffer check to do. No problem.
actually, it might be good to detect if there is any output on the homescreen that needs to be displayed. if there is, display it on a fake homescreen until the user presses another key.
Hmm, not a bad idea. What I'll do is check txtshadow; if it contains characters, I'll disp and pause. Then I'll clear out the keybuffer.
I set the contrast and exited, and after I turned it off and back on, the contrast was really low and it wouldn't go up until I went to DCS and changed it again. I have not been able to recreate it and it may just be that I had an older version of the appvar.
calc84maniac wrote:
I set the contrast and exited, and after I turned it off and back on, the contrast was really low and it wouldn't go up until I went to DCS and changed it again. I have not been able to recreate it and it may just be that I had an older version of the appvar.
I'm gonna guess that that's what it was. Actually no, it couldn't be. Doors CS uses the exact same contrast variable as the TI-OS; both modify and read from the same byte of RAM. I'm pretty sure that was just a fluke though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours