Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
What do you mean by 'only on a beat'? As in you can't hear vocals if played from your computer?

I can't hear vocals at all, and I can only hear music whenever bass hits.
hmm...how's the quality from your calc? It should be fine since calc songs are really only a set of beats...like midi files.
I'm afraid to connect it without the resistors. Do you think it's safe?
Depends; if you use the piezos, you may get buy without damaging them; if you use the car speaker, you will kill the transistors.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Depends; if you use the piezos, you may get buy without damaging them; if you use the car speaker, you will kill the transistors.

But the calc itself won't be in any danger?
Not at all! With NPN transistors, it's like having two diodes (basically, it prevents current from flowing back into your calc)

...You are using NPN transistors, right?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Not at all! With NPN transistors, it's like having two diodes (basically, it prevents current from flowing back into your calc)

...You are using NPN transistors, right?

Yes, they are NPN. I got the 15-pack that you posted. I couldn't hear anything from the calc. I think it's still just too quiet. On my comp speakers, I have to turn up the sound almost the whole way for sound to come out of the piezzo.
Try this then: connect the piezo directly to the tip and the base of your cable, and once you've started the program on your calc that plays music, plug it in and tell me if it sounds any better.
Updates?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Updates?

Still nothing...

EDIT: It won't work on my comp, either.
Post pix plox? We can help you debug the circuit.
Hmm... It works on my comp now. Must have been a loose wire. Let me check the calc.

Nope, still nothing on the calc.

I'm still gonna say your calc has insufficient current to drive it. Does it require you to turn the volume way up on yourt computer?
Yeah, it does.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours