Heh, we have decided that the description for DCS on ticalc.org: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34150.html can scare off potential dlers, so lets help Kerm come up with something that is still eye catching, but not so long, say 5-6 lines. Smile

I will try to post something when I get an idea...
Things to mention, perhaps: MOS support, gui, ion support, basic/asm file support, cn2, app, stability.
DCS6 is a revolutionary shell for the Ti-83/84+ calculators. It has features everyone can enjoy. Calculator gamers will be glad to know that DCS supports all games on ticalc.org, from BASIC to MirageOS games. It also has a very attractive and easy to use GUI with a myriad of options easily available. Developpers will love DCS as it includes many libs. It has full support for all Ion and MirageOS libs plus a few unique libs that are sure to enhance the final product. The most revolutionary feature is that DCS supports cn2, which allows you to communicate with calculators all over the world over the internet. These are just a few features of DCS6, so download now and enjoy the full spectrum of features that are the DCS experience!

It's a little long but is way shorter than one page. Very Happy
Once we have a few suggestions I can make a thread to vote on them

P.S. I like it Something!

P.P.S. 500 posts!!!!!!!!
Nice, Something.
Congrats, Harq.

My preliminary edit of that:
DCS6 is a revolutionary shell for all TI-83, TI-83+, and TI-84+ series calculators. It has features everyone can enjoy. Calculator gamers will be glad to know that Doors CS supports nearly all games, from BASIC to Ion to MirageOS games. It also has a very attractive and easy-to-use GUI with a myriad of options easily available; the mouse navigation will be familiar to all computer users. Developers will love the many libraries and functions Doors CS contains. It has full support for Ion and MirageOS libs plus a few unique libs including a complete GUI API that are sure to enhance any program or project. The most revolutionary feature is that Doors CS supports gCn and CALCnet2, which allows you to communicate with calculators all over the world over the internet. These are just a few features of DCS6, so download now and enjoy the full spectrum of features that are the Doors CS experience!
You're going to have all of those features for the 83, too?
Erm, no. Hmm, I guess I should omi tthe 83 at the top and add a line mentioning the 83 version at the bottom then.
KermMartian wrote:
... stability.

You mean lack of, right? Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
... stability.

You mean lack of, right? Razz
Uhhh, no, it's quite stable now... I think I've eliminated many of the stability issues of earlier releases. This is why I need you guys to continue betatesting Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Erm, no. Hmm, I guess I should omi tthe 83 at the top and add a line mentioning the 83 version at the bottom then.

Honestly... Split the two. The 83 version won't support the gcn stuff, will it? Because honestly, that calc is not used often anymore. Also, the 83 version already takes a lot of mem as it is, so I don't think it would be too good of an idea.

So basically, omit the 83 version all together, and have it totally seperate.

Gah, posted this as I was... >.<

Could we get a new private beta of DCS then to test??
Sure, lemme finish a few things with the DCS Menu and you can have it.
speaking of descriptions, I fixed the topic title.
Thanks. So, I'll probably be releasing 5.8 Beta on ticalc.org; how does the current description look to everyone?
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks. So, I'll probably be releasing 5.8 Beta on ticalc.org; how does the current description look to everyone?

You should probably hold gCn off of the description until 5.9, or people might get mad at you. They'll probably think it's a joke.
Can you e-mail me 5.8? netham45@gmail.com
I don't think it's out yet.
Netham, how could it be out? Everyone gets the betas at the same time, which is exactly when I finish it. The only exceptions are intermediate betas that I give out to Cemetech staff, but those are still only available when I complete them. Razz
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

You should probably hold gCn off of the description until 5.9, or people might get mad at you. They'll probably think it's a joke.

lol, people get mad at Kerm? Nah, never happen...

</sarcasm>

If you hadn't noticed, lots of people are "mad" at Kerm.

I do agree though that you must leave off the gcn stuff until you actually get that working. Otherwise, it is a lie.
Agreed, let's leave it out then.
tifreak8x wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

0x5, people get mad at Kerm? Nah, never happen...

</sarcasm>

If you hadn't noticed, lots of people are "mad" at Kerm.

I do agree though that you must leave off the gcn stuff until you actually get that working. Otherwise, it is a lie.

Besides original blocklanders and Hay's Games, who else is mad at him?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours