After a couple of weeks of additional work on Doors CS's GUI routines, I'm happy to say I've finished all but two of the interactive GUI code segments. Every piece of rendering has been debugged to the best of my abilities, and the interactive code has also been extensively tested. I have run into a few annoying but not insurmountable problems with a small, fast, and efficient text editing routine set, so I will be completing parts of the start menu to make it functional enough for another beta, then work on finishing the single- and multi-line text input routines once I have released that beta, 5.7 Beta 1. The completed text input routines will be contained in 5.7 Beta 2. With 5.7 Beta 1, I plan to add an include file and rudimentary SDK so that programmers can start building applications and/or debugging all of the new routines I have added to Doors CS. Here's a screenshot for your gratification and edification. Look for the first 5.7 beta release in about a week.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

I love it!
Heh, thanks. I'll be posting some more screenies later this evening.
pwny. how long till you get the gCn routines to a semi workable stage
5.8 Beta 1 should have some decent Cn2 support.
*bump* Howdaya like this??

In order to get that working, I had to fix up some problems with a few of the GUIStack routines, notably GUIStackFindTop, and both GUIRScrollHoriz and GUIRScrollVert.
Very impressive Kerm. Once you get this done, I am sure you will get lots of attention for this. ^^

Quote:
In order to get that working, I had to fix up some problems with a few of the GUIStack routines, notably GUIStackFindTop, and both GUIRScrollHoriz and GUIRScrollVert.

So basically, to add things, you are finding/fixing more bugs that didn't show up before??
tifreak8x wrote:
Very impressive Kerm. Once you get this done, I am sure you will get lots of attention for this. ^^

Quote:

So basically, to add things, you are finding/fixing more bugs that didn't show up before??
Precisely. Implementing the routines in a different context is allowing me to stretch the boundaries of the routines' abilities a bit more and see what happens for things like extreme inputs (very large or very small number as parameters), null or very long strings, stuff like that. Thanks, I'm going to try to do the power dialog next. It's just so easy with the GUIStack. ^_^
I am glad that you have found an easier way of adding things. With the way this is progressing, you should have this totally completed as a shell by Christmas? (meaning a version that is stable, and does not use gcn.)
tifreak8x wrote:
I am glad that you have found an easier way of adding things. With the way this is progressing, you should have this totally completed as a shell by Christmas? (meaning a version that is stable, and does not use gcn.)
Maybe even by thanksgiving! Let's see what I still need to do:

Finish the DCS Menu
Finish the GUI routines
Add a function to return GUI data to the program in a more organized fasion
Fix archive/unarchive for associated BASIC programs
Improve archive handling for ASM programs
Rework associated program support
[ Cn2 and gCn]

So yeah, I think it's doable. The goal, of course, is to get as much of that at least written by the time school starts, 'cause when it does, my free time is going to take a nosedive.
oh, very nice. Very Happy

And I understand what you mean. When my site was on msn groups, I was gone for 3 months due to school, though Cloned8x (system admin at the time) held things together for me. Smile

I can't wait to see the rest of them menu items in action. Very Happy
Here's another part of it.

I just realized something - what do I need to put in the Options menu besides program writeback?
This is gonna be great =D. I bet a bunch of users will come our way once you release 6.0 (Maybe you can get TIcalc to post some news).
Harq wrote:
This is gonna be great =D. I bet a bunch of users will come our way once you release 6.0 (Maybe you can get TIcalc to post some news).
They better post news about this once i get it released. Razz
Ok, first off, I love the screenie. Now that you are using the shutdown menu, can we expect the X on the right side of the bar to disappear?? Maybe make room for amount of ROM?

Option ideas:

Turn on/off background

Turn on/off gcn/tici linking upon startup

Activate DCS upon startup everytime (regardless of exiting out of the os or DCS)

Enable lowercase

Enable Memory protect (hide prgm/memory menu)

File style: list or icons (if you still plan on adding the list like function ion has)

I think that is all for now, if I think of more, I will post them. Smile I hope these don't make you cringe too hard... Very Happy Evil or Very Mad
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:
They better post news about this once i get it released. Razz

Oh yeah, I have one request, please please PLEASE do not have such a long descripton with the release *begs*. I was considering getting DCS before i joined Cemetech and the 2 things that stopped me were A. it wasn't an app (solved) B. The description was a frikin page long! (hopefully solved).

But seriously, couldn't a nice 4 sentence description work?

And to TI Freak, DO NOT FORGET MOUSE OPTIONS
tifreak8x wrote:
Ok, first off, I love the screenie. Now that you are using the shutdown menu, can we expect the X on the right side of the bar to disappear?? Maybe make room for amount of ROM?

Option ideas:

Turn on/off background

Turn on/off gcn/tici linking upon startup

Activate DCS upon startup everytime (regardless of exiting out of the os or DCS)

Enable lowercase

Enable Memory protect (hide prgm/memory menu)

File style: list or icons (if you still plan on adding the list like function ion has)

I think that is all for now, if I think of more, I will post them. Smile I hope these don't make you cringe too hard... Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

custom mice, background file, mouse speed, recursive deletion or move to main folder.
well, what kind of mouse options could you want? Confused Speed was already discussed, and it has something to do with the way things are built, if he slowed the mouse down, everything else would slow down...
I bet Kerm can get around that Cool . But I really do hope he changes the description...
Well, then I think we can at least help with that, give some ideas, see what he likes, cause the description doesn't need all the technical stuff in it...

Let me make a thread for it, since I don't think normal members are allowed to make topics in the DCS forum.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours