Quote:
...Or how much more terrorist attacks would take place in our country ...

If the government wasn't doing things to piss off other countries - and people would find a little common sense and stop doing all the weird things that are making other countries hate us, then people would stop attacking us.
jpez wrote:
0x5. You think the current government health system is effective? If so, you've got to be joking me. Are we currently (really) promoting peace in our foreign policy? Again, 'tis laughable if you think that's what motivates our government. And what about social security? What's your stance on that? Rolling Eyes

Don't judge the system by the current president. Twas a mere 6 years ago that SS was loaded, no war, gas prices were fine, there was a large surplus of money, and the govt. was actually making money rather than losing it. Hell, the most newsworthy thing was that the pres was horny, not that he was doing a bad job....
It's not only the government that can be blamed there. Various religious views contributed as well. We cannot simply blame one group of people for what has or will happen.

Careful here, and get back on topic...
pyro_xp2k wrote:
Quote:
...Or how much more terrorist attacks would take place in our country ...

If the government wasn't doing things to piss off other countries - and people would find a little common sense and stop doing all the weird things that are making other countries hate us, then people would stop attacking us.
It's not that other countries hate us. It's just terrorist organizations that hate our free market, our liberties, our women's rights, etc.
jpez wrote:
There's actually no law codifying income tax -- the IRS just kinda takes it. Does that make you feel good?

Ever read the 16th Amendment?

Passed by Congress July 2, 1909. Ratified February 3, 1913.

Note: Article I, section 9, of the Constitution was modified by amendment 16.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Anyway, there certainly are a lot of ways that taxes are being wasted that should be changed. Until then it's useless to complain except for the sake of complaining, which is fine. Taxes are a must and some people find that difficult to understand, not anybody on here from what I can see but some people prefer helping themselves instead of the community.

Getting others to stop attacking us isn't as simple, or maybe it is, as that. Getting people to stop the quirkiness as well as hundreds of other things that make up the things about America that terrorists hate would be impossible. You make stopping ourselves from annoying other countries sound so simple, though there are many policies that other governments don't agree with. It's impossible to satisfy them all, you just have to try to go about it in the best way. The government currently is not doing that and instead is probably doing it in the worst way.
Quote:
and people would find a little common sense and stop doing all the weird things that are making other countries hate us, then people would stop attacking us.

Confused That would imply that stupid people or people without any common sense are to blame for terrorist attacks. Am I reading that correctly?
No, I think he means that THIS countries stupidity is pissing of OTHER countries... Although either way it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Explain these "wierd things" we are doing...
Sage Orator wrote:
jpez wrote:
There's actually no law codifying income tax -- the IRS just kinda takes it. Does that make you feel good?

Ever read the 16th Amendment?

Passed by Congress July 2, 1909. Ratified February 3, 1913.

Note: Article I, section 9, of the Constitution was modified by amendment 16.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.
You know, I should probably have done my research before saying that instead of trusting some random website I read that on a week ago. Razz Well done, Sage.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours