KermMartian wrote:
Wow, your own custom handwriting recognition?? I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

No, a custom recognizer. Basically, I tell WXPTE what symbols I want it to recognize, and I look at where it is relative to rest of writing. The trick is how to do all that.
Ah. Especially since you'll need some nonlinear stuff, like limits, fractions, integrals, etc.
Status Report:
-Matrix has basic operations and inverse. Paper on how I did it is written, partially typed, although raw thoughts that I wrote down are probably more useful...
-Parser is being re-done for the sake of developer's sanity (or that's the going theory)
-Will start custom List datatype today
-Note: time is still short. If you have spare time, contact me (check profile)
Quote:
If I understand correctly, I think you'd be better off to make it an 89 instead of an 83/84.

Why not make it both? Then you could have all the 'pi' in one application. Laughing
pyro_xp2k wrote:
Why not make it both? Then you could have all the 'pi' in one application.

Let's get graphing and lists done first....
Oh, and the UI needs work.
pyro_xp2k wrote:
...you could have all the 'pi' in one application. 0x5
:groan: Razz Wink Yeah, just make it incorporate all the features of both.
Other than all the games, what does the 83+ do/have that the 89 doesn't? Just making the 89 would be more than sufficient. Nothing against the z80 line, but I don't think it has anything that the 68k line doesn't have to offer. This is of course excluding all the games that are for the z80 and not the 68k.
I'll get there eventually! So far as I can tell, I won't even have a working grapher at the end of summer. And we know what that means for HS students, right?
True, such as symbolic manipulation and evaluation of expressions and variables, and pretty print. Even though I use the z80 series infinitely more, I must agree with kirb on this one.
I think both should be done, because I have a ton of z80 programs that I do not want to have to port to use in T83 (it is 83 btw). It can have a z80 mode, and 68k mode. (actually, would it need three if you want 85/86?)
Due to the screen differences, there probably would be need to. There is the z80 emulator for the 68k series also. Although I don't think it can run ASM yet, it shouldn't be too hard to redirect ROM calls to custom-made alternatives on the emulator. That way it'll be an 89 on the surface for math and such but it can also run z80 (83 line and the 85 and 86).
true, but you do see my point, Tablet 83 should be able to do 83(+) stuff on it nativley.
Wait, hold up, I thought he wasn't making an actual emulator. I think it follows most of the instruction set of the 83 or 89, but in a completely different interface and such.
I n ever said anything on emulation (unless you were going at kirb's post). Kirbs just says only do 89 nativly, with full ASM support, and then use the z80 emulator for the 68k calcs to do 83+ stuff.
T83 won't be an emulator. There are plenty of other emulators out there.
Don't believe it? The first input method I put in the alphas was a textbox. I'm having problems making progress 'cause I messed up the input parser the first time around, and now have to redo it (That and time restraints).
Need I say more?
Instructions included in the 89, but not 83, are a valid option, but I think getting Matrices, Lists, and Graphing to work is more important.

(Sorry if I sound blunt and annoyed in this post; I'm not thinking clearly either Rolling Eyes )
No, sounds fine. That's what I thought originally; glad we got that all straightened out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours