elfprince is the only one so far that stands a chance at challenging my family's collection (If only we could keep them all in one room for any amount of time!)... I know someone who manages the parts tracker for LDraw VERY well, so that should tell you something....
KermMartian wrote:
I always wanted tons more LEGOs, but who has the room for them? Literally though, you can't walk through my room without stepping on multitudes of LEGOs, even now.

heehee. sounds like our upstairs Very Happy
Ha, nice. So proegssilb, how about a numerical approximation?
Heh, I probably only have 1000 now... Used to have so much more, because it was so easy to keep me entertained with legos... Very Happy
Anybody remember Lincoln Logs?

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Anybody remember Lincoln Logs?

Ha! Back in my day they were all wood, none of those plastic roof pieces (well, there were a few plastic connectors, but nothing like that.) Those things were teh pwn. How about Tinkertoys? I don't mean these lame new ones, either:

I mean the old skool wood ones, the ones I have the most of:

you guys remember K'nex?
elfprince13 wrote:
you guys remember K'nex?
But of course! I never liked Knex as much as LEGOs, to tell you the truth. Razz
I have KNex, Legos, and Tinker Toys. I like Legos the most though. Tinker Toys and KNex are good too though.
I never really liked K'nex because the pieces were difficult and sometimes painful to remove from each other, especially those little white pegs for interconnecting other parts together.
Yeah, that's true. I also forgot to mention that I liked Lincoln Logs as well, but they're pretty much only meant for making buildings and houses.
Indeed. And let's not even mention those cheap, less precise cousins of LEGOs, the MegaBlox. You know what were awesome too though? Duplos. I had insane amounts of fun with the Duplo trains back in the day.
I have a whole bunch of Japanese "transformers" and the like from when I lived in Okinawa...I had to put them in my attic because I no longer have the space to display them Sad It's too bad, because some of them are preety extravagant.
I remember all of those, man everything was a blast. I have seen proegsillbs collection of legos, there are a ton of them there.
rivereye wrote:
I remember all of those, man everything was a blast. I have seen proegsillbs collection of legos, there are a ton of them there.
... huh? How in the world have you seen Proegssilb's collection?! Do you know him irl?
yeah, we go to the same school. Really odd how we met though, but I am glad I did.
rivereye wrote:
yeah, we go to the same school. Really odd how we met though, but I am glad I did.
That's nuts. So you brought him to Cemetech then, you didn't meet here and then realize you lived near each other?
no, he and I were talking on tablet83 for a while before I decided he should make some posts here on it, and ask what you guys would think of it. The odd thing I was going at is that it was programming TI-Calcs that did bring us together.
Have any of you gone to Legoland? Their collections will make yours look tiny. I've always wanted to go there.
I went somewhere in Missorui that had a pretty good collection, but can't remember where. Every so often around here, Meijer has life size figurines up of legos, and you guess how many bricks it took to make it, and you can win some prize (pretty good prizes too).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours