http://www.thermomods.com/files/generate.php

can someone help me code it so the text remains on the image?

*EDIT*

rofl @ progress

http://www.thermomods.com/files/comment.php?txt=PC%20Load%20Letter%20WTF!

http://www.thermomods.com/files/comment-beta.php
Cute.
Sure, if by "cute" you mean "cuts off text" or for the comments one, if by "cute" you mean "doesn't work" Rolling Eyes
does anyone know how i can make it so people can post these images on dif sites..?

i think its my code

Kllrnohj wrote:
Sure, if by "cute" you mean "cuts off text" or for the comments one, if by "cute" you mean "doesn't work" Rolling Eyes

Its Beta 1
i need to fix a ton of shit on it
mod_rewrite should help you there.
Thermoman: there's a description of how to use mod_rewrite by elfprince13 somewhere on these forums. If not, just google it and you should find some good stuff.
i was up all night
coding!!!

http://www.thermomods.com/files/comment-beta.php

BETA 2 IS HOT
i added a theme switcher
Why would {someone want}/{you want someone} to link to a static image on your server? The downside for the linker is that you have control over their image. The downside for you is that you are needlessly wasting your bandwidth serving up images that people could just as easily host themselves.
jpez wrote:
Why would {someone want}/{you want someone} to link to a static image on your server? The downside for the linker is that you have control over their image. The downside for you is that you are needlessly wasting your bandwidth serving up images that people could just as easily host themselves.

i will now direct your attention to the post above jpez where it clearly says
"Beta 2 is hot"
please note the "Beta" part

beta
n.
2. The second item in a series or system of classification.
That has nothing to do with it -- it doesn't matter if it's beta if the entire concept is flawed. If it's not fully functional, then it should be an alpha (i.e., less than 1.0).
jpez wrote:
That has nothing to do with it -- it doesn't matter if it's beta if the entire concept is flawed. If it's not fully functional, then it should be an alpha (i.e., less than 1.0).

you can't add things?
look we have just been fighting non-stop
you think this is crap and a waste of time, ok thats fine, but this is how im teaching myself php. Do you have a better way to learn?
so what if i code 50 crappy php things, as long as at the end of those projects i know php in side and out i will be happy.
Wow, thats even more worthless... At least the "you are running" blah,blah,blah one was cool. Why the hell would I have your site autogenerate text for me? wow, GIMP can do that too....

And stop putting line breaks in your post, let the text wrap, its so freaking annoying.
>.<

Come on guys, leave him be. I have been writing stupid stuff as well to learn php, and am proud of myself when I figure something out.

Basically, if this flaming continues about his "crappy php" stuff, I will lock this topic. Everyone starts somewhere, no one instantly knows everything...
Yes, but no one else is SHOWING OFF their crappy stuff and begging you to use it. Great, he's learning PHP, that still doesn't mean he needs to waste all our time when Beta 2 is LESS IMPRESSIVE than Beta 1 - seems to me he is going downhill, not up
Yes, but comments like that, regardless if true or not, makes people not want to come back here, which is the opposite of what Kerm is trying to do, which is get more traffic here.

So all that I am asking is to be nicer with your posts. I know you are a great person Kllrnohj, I am just asking that you be more polite with the posts. k?
agreed on both your cases. He is learning and is proud of it, but each beta, should in theroy be better. This is my viewpoint though.
i agree w/ u Kllrnohj these are crappy and pointless, and the reason this is worse than the other one that says your ip and what now is because the ip one didn't expand to fit the text in the image. I have been working on this crappy one where users can type in shit so that i can better understand how to manipulate color selection and getting the text to reamin on the image. You also do not have to come to this section, now as jpez said I get people to visit my site by sending them links and forcing them, which is true and I will try my best to stop it, but i am happy when i make something the feel of starting with an empty notpad++ page and ending with something that works. Thank you everyone who has supported me while I have been doing this, we all start somewhere and its the atmosphere that makes someone stick with it or leave, and in the short time i have know Kerm i found that he is a good guy (bit of a nerd but we all r Razz) and these forums are a place to learn and support eachother as we try differnet things.

sorry for that long post but yea i was in a writing funk, read it if you want idc

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours