I don't have much experience with scatter plots on a calc, but I was messing around with them today. I gathered a couple questions that I couldn't seem to find in my 84+ manual.

1: How can you change the marks your plot uses from within a program?
2: How can you show the plot without it clearing the screen first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile
1. While editing the program, go to [2nd][Y=], then choose your Mark. Smile
2. Don't think that can be done.
1. What Kerm said.
2. What Kerm said. That's why I do RecallPic in my programs, since any drawing command will update the scatterplot and I want stuff like the floor and blocks to stay there.
1. What Something1990 said
2. What Something1990 said

Wink
Hmm... No answer to #1 is teh suxXx0rzzz...

I did some testing but I'm not sure if my results are accurate. Nomatter what the mark is, if you turn plots off in the program, then back on, will it ALWAYS come back as the square mark?
That is indeed correct. By the way, didn't you mean that it was a shame there was no answer to #2, not #1? Oh, and you can always do something like StorePic 0, draw the statsplot, RecallPic 0.
KermMartian wrote:
That is indeed correct. By the way, didn't you mean that it was a shame there was no answer to #2, not #1? Oh, and you can always do something like StorePic 0, draw the statsplot, RecallPic 0.

No, #2 doesn't bother me for what I'm working on. I was just plotting, then recalling pic. Now I know that I only have to plot once, then recall pic whenever I need it updated.

#1 is what I'd really like. I'm using the square mark for something, but it would have been really nice to also be able to use the + mark for a different plot.
You can set the mark though - look at my first response in this thread. You can even specify which plot you're setting the mark for iirc.
Oh! I thought you meant manually outside of the program. Do you just type
Code:
Plot1(Scatter,L1,L2,+
?
That's how you do it. The first argument to a scatterplot is scatter of course. The second and third are the x and y list. The final argument is the mark. It can be any of the three marks, and if you use the three scatterplots, they can all have different marks.
Excellent. Thanks, guys. Maybe I can use this in the Cemetech contest Smile

By the way, have any dates been set for that?
Not yet. Let me get some things set up.
The program I plan on finishing and entering will use stat sprites. They are one of the faster pure BASIC sprite techniques and are also extremely easy to manipulate.
foamy3 wrote:
Excellent. Thanks, guys. Maybe I can use this in the Cemetech contest Smile

By the way, have any dates been set for that?
Now it has. Smile
Something1990: I really should experiment with StatsSprites one day. My only concern is that it creates such massive lists...
The massive lists is something I learned to live with. Just don't plan on having too many sprites active at once and there shouldn't be a problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours