Quote:
Remove Login: What do you mean? There is no login at the moment. I plan to readd the option for login in 6.0 though.

>> Sorry, I meant "remote login."
kirb wrote:
Or let someone you don't completely trust have the ability to send files to your calc. Plus, I think anything to do with the calc will have to be acknowledged and accepted by the user through gCn, so hacking would be impossible.

I don't think gCn would automatically execute programs it receives, so once again, you would have to be stupid enough to run it....

@Kerm: Could you implement "remote storage" via the USB8X driver and a USB drive? that would be so sweet...
'Tis definitely possible I could implement such a thing.

Firewall and Antivirus Software: At the moment, not really necessary. Especially since Cn2 does not yet have ports to block (actually, it kinda does, but I don't call them ports), and certainly no known virii, per se.

Speed hacks: No universal ones that I know about, but if anyone has some to share, I'd love to hear them.

Cemetech Store: some of this is done. I already have shirts and stuff at Cafepress. however, I would definitelty also like to sell hardware for Cn2 and gCn wired and wireless networks there, as well as a remote storage device if I design such a thing.

Storage Device: awesome, but it would have to be fleshed out more

Calcsys-like tools: Meh, just make a several-K program, or use Calcsys itself. Maybe I'll integrate it if/when DCS becomes an actual OS.

Package system: doable, but I don't really see a point perse.
Web-cam support would be nice. Don't know how an 83+ could use that... 84+ USB port could make it easier.

KermMartian wrote:
Cemetech Store: some of this is done. I already have shirts and stuff at Cafepress. however, I would definitelty also like to sell hardware for Cn2 and gCn wired and wireless networks there, as well as a remote storage device if I design such a thing.

What type of hardware would you need for gCn? If you have wireless internet would you just need a receiver sticking out of your I/O port? And will this work with a 56k dial-up connection?
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

What type of hardware would you need for gCn? If you have wireless internet would you just need a receiver sticking out of your I/O port? And will this work with a 56k dial-up connection?

Hopefully its something that uses your PC and your current internet connection and a program that sends data back and forth from the server or however it works, then the link from the calc to the device would be wireless...
Using your pc's connection would be nice, but what if you are at school/work and have a wireless connection available but no comp?
It would rock awesomly if you could just bum off a wireless connection... but if not, I wonder if you could just sneak it onto one of the school's computers. If the wireless device has a ***really*** good range you could use it wherever and then go in the lab and take it off at the end of the day...
It's too bad I'm almost out of highschool. It work have rocked if DSC6.0 was finished back when I was a freshman. This could have made math class so much more fun Razz
At first gCn will connect through your computer. So obviously you need a computer with an internet connection, a link cable, and the gCn software, which is still being worked on. Maybe some sort of calculator-only method can exist, but it would be much harder as there is much more work being done on the internet side...
Kllrnohj wrote:
At first gCn will connect through your computer. So obviously you need a computer with an internet connection, a link cable, and the gCn software, which is still being worked on. Maybe some sort of calculator-only method can exist, but it would be much harder as there is much more work being done on the internet side...

Sounds good. I just can't wait for the first TI-83+ MMORPG Very Happy
Heh, me neither. In other news, I wrote a sizeable chunk of the Cn2 core today. In another three or four days, I might have a beta routine working!!!
KermMartian wrote:
Heh, me neither. In other news, I wrote a sizeable chunk of the Cn2 core today. In another three or four days, I might have a beta routine working!!!

Awesome! I can't wait!
A tantalizing glimpse from the first 16 of its 144 lines:

;CALCnet2 Core Routines
;(c) 2001-2006 Kerm Martian aka Christopher Mitchell
;All rights reserved
;please see the associated license.txt for license details

;What is Implemented:
; rec frame
; Int exit on unmatched SID
; rec frame wrapper
; send frame wrapper

;What Needs to be Implemented:
; Collision detection
; byte-receive routine
; byte-send ; byte-get routine
; get and store SID

;;;Stuff to Define;;;
;[-] ClockMask
;[-] ClockLow
;[-] ClockHigh
;[-] DataMask
;[-] DataLow
;[-] DataHigh
;[-] ld a,(linkstate) --> in a,(0)
;[-] ld (linkstate),a --> out (0),a
;[-] Time_for_15,000_Clock_Cycles
;[-] Time_For_6,000_cycles
;[-] Time_For_5,000_cycles
the other 128 got pasted into skype Wink

does it send anything yet?
Not even close. This first version will be just to prove if/that it works.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours