Chipmaster wrote:
Monopoly has strategy to it.

lmao.
Well, I guess against AI it wouldn't have much, but in person, negoitiating with others and making strategic purchases and decisions is essential. I'll concede that it does have far less strategy than the others.
Monopoly is definitely strategy. I wouldn't call Chutes and Ladders strategy though.
hmm, there is a fair bit of stragey to Chess. How about this, if you want to do a boardgame, let me know what you will do and I will say yes/no.
KermMartian wrote:
Monopoly is definitely strategy.
Right on, Kerm! Good Idea
Rivereye: excellent idea. That will make it more fair. Mind if I doublecheck your decisions, just for objectivity? Smile I can almost guarantee I'll agree; I'm simply interested in the different ideas people will be having. Needless to say, I shall not be entering this contest.

Chipmaster: ty much! Do I have a slight idea what you might be doing for the contest?! Evil or Very Mad
Nope, but I plan on finishing my Tifreakware entry by this Saturday and then I will have time to work on an entry for this contest. Wink

Edit: Misread you're post. I still haven't decided on what I'm doing. Monopoly is an option though.
Heh, it certainly would be interesting. I know an ASM version has been made and a couple of BASIC ones, but I dunno how good they are. Good luck on whatever you end up doing
Thanks. I hope I can come up with something and have the time to do it. I'm going on vacation Saturday and then I have a lot of other things going on for the rest of summer vacation. I'll still try to squease it in as best I can.
I hope so too. And yes, I'll keep your massive TIFW entry in mind. Smile
When I said, "I have a lot of other things going on for the rest of summer vacation", I meant outside the realm of programming. Wink
Outside programming? But how... there's nothing else out... huh... wha..... *brain explodes* Oh? Yeah, I too have been a bit busy dealing with RL issus Very meh.
Um, would it be against the rules if I let someone else make a few sprites for me? (He offered.)
calc84maniac wrote:
Um, would it be against the rules if I let someone else make a few sprites for me? (He offered.)

You do realize this is the contest from July, 2006 that this thread is talking about, right? A contest that has long since ended? So you can do whatever you want now...
Topic Title wrote:
General Contest Rules

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
yes, but you do bring up a good point elf, but I would say that the project is supposed to be on an individual basis I believe.
rivereye wrote:
yes, but you do bring up a good point elf, but I would say that the project is supposed to be on an individual basis I believe.
Indeed. Soliciting or accepting help from external sources is basically cheating imo.
Can we post assembly kits?

I've recently made Asm Maker v3.0 and was wondering how it would hold up ina contest.
xenonparadox wrote:

I've recently made Asm Maker v3.0 and was wondering how it would hold up ina contest.
Please note in the rules that previously-released or advertised projects and programs are ineligible for all Cemetech contests.
Quote:
xenonparadox wrote:
Quote:

Please note in the rules that previously-released or advertised projects and programs are ineligible for all Cemetech contests.

Mice! I wanted to enter Disco Dude into the contest, event though I don't know what the prize is...[/quote]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours