A few months ago, Jonathan Pezzino and I had worked on a fair artificially intelligent bot player script for the TBM Blockland mod. We both let it lapse as we got involved in other projects, yet recently, I rediscovered the source in an old backup. I posted it up, and since then, elfprince13, jpez, and I have brushed up on our TorqueScript and made a serviceable bot script. The script, downloadable at the link below, will allow the creation of relatively intelligent bot players that can hold and fire weapons, aim at players and other bots, give and receive damage, and even fight amongst each other. With a special mode we developed entitled Red vs. Blue, the bots can even band together in armies, with red fighting blue, blue attacking red, and both destroying the human players whenever possible. Enjoy this first beta!

Download:
CemetechAI Script
Yup, it's pretty awesome. Very Happy
ive had some more ideas, which Im gonna keep secret for a little while.
Aren't you going to share them with me via PM? Sad
KermMartian wrote:
good idea.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
good idea.
ty. Looks like you have some cool ideas there. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
good idea.
ty. Looks like you have some cool ideas there. Smile

thanks.
Hurray, even though I feel excluded now. Smile I guess the general concensus on this is nobody really cares (besides us developers)?
Yup. Aww, I didn't mean to make you feel excluded. Sad
jpez wrote:
Hurray, even though I feel excluded now. Smile I guess the general concensus on this is nobody really cares (besides us developers)?

what happened to you going away for a week? :p
I really should look into playing with these for a whiles. The problem I think is most people here don't play BL other than us.
Actually, jpez, alex10819, rivereye, lafferjm, foamy, elfprince, and Kerm all play BL...
and harq and swivel.
true, it does seem that way, so I was wrong, oh well.
Oh, and boost plays, and I think something1990 may have played a few times too.
dude this script rocks.
lafferjm wrote:
dude this script rocks.

Very Happy that was our goal.
elfprince13 wrote:
lafferjm wrote:
dude this script rocks.

Very Happy that was our goal.
Thanks indeed, that's the idea. And it should get even better by the time we're done with it.
*bump* Wow, check this out! He didn't properly credit us, but other than that, it's pretty nice!

Preview Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlHq2_uF1pQ
that is great, now I will have to download the script and try it out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours