http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/13/138/138583.html

ticalc.org news wrote:
On June 21, 1996, ticalc.org was unveiled to the public. That was exactly ten years ago, and now on June 21, 2006, we are pleased and amazed to celebrate ten years of operation! It is astonishing to imagine that this site could exist for an entire decade. It is only with the fantastic support of our visitors, the many programmers, TI calculator users, students, and teachers worldwide that our continued existence is possible. Without your support, we would have never reached this amazing milestone. Also, we must remember all of our current and past staff who have worked so hard and diligently to create and maintain ticalc.org over the years.

Special thanks also goes to Texas Instruments. Without the creation and continued development of their graphing calculator products, this website would not be possible.

We look forward to another decade of serving the TI calculator community and hope that it is as fantastic and enriching as this past one has been!
I think the general feeling in regards to this is "meh." Rolling Eyes
I'll admit I was more excited for the release of certain programs than this milestone; however, I think it's kinda neat to have such a rich and protracted history.
Yeah, it's not really "important" so much as an impressive feat to have lasted so long in the internet age.
Yea, it's one of the few that survived after the bubble bust Laughing
it is amazing to have lasted so long. Long live the TI Community!
You guys should check out the way back machine, and look at ticalc.org back then Wink It looks... interesting... to say the least. Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
You guys should check out the way back machine, and look at ticalc.org back then Wink It looks... interesting... to say the least. Smile
Done it already. Out of curiousity, I checked to see if Cemetech is being cached by the Archive yet. Oh well. Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours