How does one make them and what software should I look for? I found nothing useful on a google search.
Kinda depends on what you are trying to capture, but calc capture should be able to capture ANYTHING that is running on the task bar.
Confused I thought it could only receive from calcs.
nope, lol, I just took an animated screenie of me typing in note pad Wink It will work on ANYTHING running.
The one thing calccapture cannot capture from is a htardware calculator. You can make it capture from any open window though.
I like the animator program by the creators of Paint Shop Pro...I had 5 but my mom took it off my computer Mad . That was an awsome program Smile .

Btw, is GIF the only image that supports animation? That is, thats as global as GIF?
swivelgames wrote:
I like the animator program by the creators of Paint Shop Pro...I had 5 but my mom took it off my computer Mad . That was an awsome program Smile .

Btw, is GIF the only image that supports animation? That is, thats as global as GIF?
It is indeed the only format that supports animation, especially in a web-friendly format.
you can make animated gif's in GIMP and Photoshop.
Indeed you can. In those two programs, just make one layer for each of your gif frames. For the GIMP, save as *.gif and choose the animated option from the menu that comes up. In Photoshop, jump to Imageready and finetune your GIF there.
There is an animated PNG format IIRC, but it's not widely suported yet...
tifreak8x wrote:
nope, 0x5, I just took an animated screenie of me typing in note pad Wink It will work on ANYTHING running.

Any particular setup tricks for that?
just get calccapture running and configured.
Start calccapture

On the top, next to the dropsown box, should be a button called Configuration

Select New, name the new configuration

Select the dropdown called Windows Title, ad select the name of the running program

Then select "Capture"

After that, adjust the window settings, and hit ok, then exit out of that window.

Make sure the bottom of calccapture has capture type as Animated, and name the filename. Once all that is done, click "Capture" on the bottom right, and it should automatically bring up the window and start capturing it. Press "Stop Capture" to end.

Try that, see if that helps. Smile
Only problem is that it captures as grayscale, no? Does calccapture have a color option?
I think Tenniskid said it will capture in color as well... I am not 100% sure though...
I wouldn't be surprised if it could...that would certainly be ubernifty...
It looks like it can capture in color.
/me checks... Yup, it can do b&w, 256 grays, and optimized color.
KermMartian wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

It is indeed the only format that supports animation, especially in a web-friendly format.
WRONG. MNG will someday take over the animated image world (I hope).
Cool, MNG looks awesome. PNG already pwns GIF (excepting those #$%^ noncompliant browsers), so MNG would hopefully pwn animated GIFs as well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours