I'll see if I can get that done today. The tracker is easy, but the source code thing less so. I'll have to remember to upload my source code often...
just upload each time there is a beta, or you make a MAJOR change
get an IDE with integrated SCM...like XCode....oh wait...loser for you...its Mac only.
or just upload every time you've finished working on it for the day (it doesn't need to constantly be re-zipped, just have an FTP dir with all the individual files in it, people can then just look at the last modified date and get whatevers new)

its not that hard Wink

@Elf: Or KDevelop - whoops, *nix only, won't work on that WinXP tablet Wink
i agree any of these ways would be easy
Kllrnohj: perfect, I think I'll do exactly that. I will make a php script to read the dir contents, list, and open/parse the files. Coolness.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj: perfect, I think I'll do exactly that. I will make a php script to read the dir contents, list, and open/parse the files. Coolness.

...OR just an FTP directory - why re-invent the wheel Kerm? plain ol' FTP works for everyone else Wink (or even just HTTP directories)
This way I can make syntax coloring and such. Wouldn't that be better? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
This way I can make syntax coloring and such. Wouldn't that be better? Smile

It makes getting the files harder. Syntax highlighting and such can be done by whatever IDE the person wants to use. A simple FTP directory can have all its contents auto-downloaded easy enough

But if you insist on a PHP frontend, please just put all the files in an empty directory so that people aren't forced to use the frontend
Confused But why would people need to download it? Besides, I doubt this server supports anonymous ftps.
i think a text file of eack piece of code in an ftp dir would be perfect, we could even make it a network drive on our computers
KermMartian wrote:
Confused But why would people need to download it? Besides, I doubt this server supports anonymous ftps.

o.0 - because its faster to browse files on the comp than on a website

and i would be very surprised if the host doesn't allow anon FTP access
so make an empty directory and put stuff in. we can http it if we have to
i think you could make a account with acess priveliges for that dir only and post username and pass so we have access to that dir.
gscm wrote:
I think you could make a account with acess priveliges for that dir only and post username and pass so we have access to that dir.
Meh, I think not. Let me get the license written and then we'll see what works best, k?
ok Kerm
I know this is an old topic, but where is the link to where the source is stored? just curious, but I figured it would be cool to sneek a peak.

also:

@kllrnohj: I have to say in this case I have to agree with Kerm about the limited license. this isn't a community project, its his project. letting people learn from the source and help him find bugs is great, but there is no reason for people to need the GPL in this case. its still in the OSS spirit, so why develop loyalty to any specific license? use the one that works for each situation.
It's right here, elfprince:
http://www.cemetech.net/doorscs/docs/source

Any one who wants to bugcheck or optimize is more than willing to do so. Just let me know what you find out so I can make the correctinos in the master source.

And I agree with elfprince on this, of course.
I still disagree, but I will be quiet about it Smile (for now... Evil or Very Mad)

About how often do you update the source on the site? Every time you make changes, or less frequently than that?
I'd say roughly once every week or so. Besides being a source code repository, it's handy for me for backing up my hard work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours