do you like them or at least the idea
yes
 40%  [ 2 ]
no
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Precisely, which is why that sounds so strange. Why would he be unable to use his own MySQL database??
KermMartian wrote:
Precisely, which is why that sounds so strange. Why would he be unable to use his own MySQL database??

he CAN use his own MySQL DB - can you still not read? All he said is that the host is shared. He never said he doesn't have his own DB. Even crappy free ones give you your own DB... Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

he CAN use his own MySQL DB - can you still not read? All he said is that the host is shared. He never said he doesn't have his own DB. Even crappy free ones give you your own DB... Laughing
He obviously cannot use it if there are "permission" problems, otherwise MediaWiki would work fine. Why do you insist on being so arrogant? You make it sound like I'm an idiot. Mad
KermMartian wrote:
He obviously cannot use it if there are "permission" problems, otherwise MediaWiki would work fine. Why do you insist on being so arrogant? You make it sound like I'm an idiot. Mad

Permissions are controlled outside of the individuals database, although I seriously doubt that is the problem, unless MediaWiki needs to create a database rather than use a pre-existing one. If MediaWiki is trying to create a database, then there will be permission problems.
Finally, you get my point. I think he just doesn't know how to install it; you need to tell MediaWiki to use a preexisting db, otherwise it will create its own.
i did but i know it should work as phpbb2 works on it, i might host my own database while let my server host the website if that works
gscm wrote:
I did but I know it should work as phpbb2 works on it, I might host my own database while let my server host the website if that works
Fair enough. As you said, if phpBB works on it, MediaWiki certainly does as well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours