Quote:
Since the last official beta, SourceCoder 2 has gained three new and exciting features:

Code block/conditional indenting
Open/close loop count verification
Fixed optimization percentage

SourceCoder now has the option to indent blocks of looping and conditional code, including For, While, Repeat, Then, End, etc. Each "opening" tag adds additional indenting, while "closing" tags removes that indenting. SC2 will also detect the number of opening and closing tags and warn you if you have a mismatched number of each. Finally, I have fixed the pesky bug that caused SourceCoder to occasionally report a negative %optimization when it had indeed made optimizations to a program. You can view the second beta here:

SourceCoder2 Beta 2:
http://sc.cemetech.net
Thank you much, sire. After I implement a php difference engine, I'm going to do that spritemap thing necro was mentioning.
pwesomeness.
Heh, thanks. What do you think would be better to indicate additions and removals, red/green highlighting or +/- signs? I'm thinking highlighting.
highlighting. definitely.
K, I found a difference engine, so I'll implement it now.
What spritemap thing?
KermMartian wrote:
Heh, thanks. What do you think would be better to indicate additions and removals, red/green highlighting or +/- signs? I'm thinking highlighting.

both highlighting and +/- signs (+/- signs are used for DIFF in linux, so it would be more familiar to those of us running *nix)
I could add the +/- signs back in then.
KermMartian wrote:
Bold, so it doesn't interfere with syntax highlighting. (which needs to be fixed, by the way.)

Cool new feature though! Great that you finally got the %optimized working.
alexrudd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Bold, so it doesn't interfere with syntax highlighting. (which needs to be fixed, by the way.)

if you bold all the additions/removals, it will be too confusing, as just at a glance you can't tell if its an addition or removal. Maybe text-background coloring of red or green instead, so that it doesn't interfere with the syntax highlighting?
just wanted to say: Kerm, Sourcecoder2 pwns! Good Idea
especially the indents... they save a lot of time sifting through code. Laughing
Kllrnohj wrote:
alexrudd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

if you bold all the additions/removals, it will be too confusing, as just at a glance you can't tell if its an addition or removal. Maybe text-background coloring of red or green instead, so that it doesn't interfere with the syntax highlighting?

That's what I'm alredy doing...go take a look.
Spellshaper: Thanks! Smile
SourceCoder2, here is a link for you: http://sc.cemetech.net/?xpi=411dee9cc358664d581f4c2a80eb280e
EXAMPLE
KermMartian has just edited this program. The source code now reads:
BASIC Code wrote:
:Disp "THIS IS AN EX-
:Disp "AMPLE PROGRAM
:Pause
:Disp "HERE IS Kerm'S
:Disp "LATEST ADDITION
:Disp "MORE CHANGES,
:Disp "MANY YEARS LATER
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005-2010 Cemetech
This is an automatic post from SourceCoder 2. Report abuse to admin@cemetech.net . You can disable these posts by unchecking the "Post on Update" box in the file's permissions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours