http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/signature/search.php

run some searchs with it Very Happy.
/me did the "lol" search - feel free to hack IP Evil or Very Mad
wow, that's almost useful...

is it just me, or is that just a redirect?

Code:

<form action="search.php" method="POST">
<input type="text" name="search"><br />
<input type="submit" value="Query">
</form>

meanwhile, search.php:

Code:

header('Location: http://www.google.com?q='.htmlspecialchars($_POST['search']));

granted, that's a little over simplified, but it works.. (and doesnt log your IP Razz)
who wants to explain what this is useful for to me? Wink Nice, elfprince.
KermMartian wrote:
who wants to explain what this is useful for to me? Wink Nice, elfprince.

getting people's IPs? Confused
and OSes!
I had to do some research on right to privacy for social studies.......people were seriously disturbed....especially after I did a whois on a school IP then showed them that it brought us too the website of the schools ISP.....

and yes, that it is just a redirect. It logs your IP, browser, OS, and your query, then redirects you to Google.
elfprince13 wrote:
I had to do some research on right to privacy for social studies.......people were seriously disturbed....especially after I did a whois on a school IP then showed them that it brought us too the website of the schools ISP.....

and yes, that it is just a redirect. It logs your IP, browser, OS, and your query, then redirects you to Google.

thats not really a privacy issue. Knowing an ISP will just identify your rough location (city/state), and not much else. Someone could proceed to attack your IP, but unless you have opened/forwarded ports in your firewall (or are running in DMZ mode) you won't get touched.
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

thats not really a privacy issue. Knowing an ISP will just identify your rough location (city/state), and not much else. Someone could proceed to attack your IP, but unless you have opened/forwarded ports in your firewall (or are running in DMZ mode) you won't get touched.
Kllrnohj: you can tell exact location of your ISP from your IP. See the Usermap.
it was mostly to show how much information someone can collect about you in half a second.

and I show up directly between my house and my school on the usermap....the 2 places I visit Cemetech.
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj: you can tell exact location of your ISP from your IP. See the Usermap.

I'm not on the usermap
Yes you are...in the middle of Australia.
KermMartian wrote:
Yes you are...in the middle of Australia.

ROFL! no, i certainly am not (st. louis, MO - but it was close Wink )

Btw, ISP location lookups are only ~95% accurate at most, meaning you will only get City/State accurately, not my exact address/location (i've gone to other sites, and they get city/state right, but are off in the "exact" location that is shown on a geo map)
I double-posted but couldn't find the delete button...
Cool. I don't want anyone I don't know personally to know where I live, so I'll just leave this alone.
You appear to be in Palatine, a suburb of Chicago.

http://www.cemetech.net/about/usermap.php
get me in the correct hemisphere
@rivereye: lol.
Obviously it's not working properly, so my location is safe. If it was working properly, I'm surprised to find Kerm in the Arctic Circle. Shock
something1990 wrote:
Obviously it's not working properly, so my location is safe. If it was working properly, I'm surprised to find Kerm in the Arctic Circle. Shock

I don't think its updating your IP correctly (or enough)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours