I'm running a TI-84+ CE on OS 5.3.0.0039 and getting an interesting error - it's completely ignoring the machine ID field when I set it. This happened after updating to OS version 5.8 then downgrading again. Browsing these forums I read that on newer OS versions, the OS ignores the certificate's machine ID field... But now that I'm back on 5.3 it's still not working.

What I've tried:

- Reinstalling the OS
    - Uninstalling the OS, deleting all data, and reinstalling TIOS 5.3
    - Installing BOS, uninstalling BOS, then reinstalling TIOS 5.3
    - Reverting the certificate to exactly how it was when it was working how I want
    - Maybe a bit of messing around with the certificate in cermaster...
    - Uninstalling the OS and reinstalling it (again)
    - Installing and uninstalling BOS (again)

Actually that's not a comprehensive list, but the rest mostly involves trying the same steps in different orders.

But none of this managed to change the calculator's name in the about screen. Obviously I'm missing something... So does anyone else have any thoughts on how to change the device name in the about screen?
I figured out the issue... When I upgraded the certificate was corrupted so that field 42 was no longer a child of 33. Recreating the certificate fields as parent/child fixed the issue.
emilyjordon wrote:
I'm running a TI-84+ CE on OS 5.3.0.0039 and getting an interesting error - it's completely ignoring the machine ID field when I set it. This happened after updating to OS version 5.8 then downgrading again. Browsing these forums I read that on newer OS versions, the OS ignores the certificate's machine ID field... But now that I'm back on 5.3 it's still not working.

What I've tried:

- Reinstalling the OS
    - Uninstalling the OS, deleting all data, and reinstalling TIOS 5.3
    - Installing BOS, uninstalling BOS, then reinstalling TIOS 5.3
    - Reverting the certificate to exactly how it was when it was working how I want
    - Maybe a bit of messing around with the certificate in cermaster...
    - Uninstalling the OS and reinstalling it (again)
    - Installing and uninstalling BOS (again)

Actually that's not a comprehensive list, but the rest mostly involves trying the same steps in different orders.

But none of this managed to change the calculator's name in the about screen. Obviously I'm missing something... So does anyone else have any thoughts on how to change the device name in the about screen?

Since you downgraded from a newer OS version to 5.3.0.0039, you might still be encountering the same issue even though you're on an older OS version. It's possible that the newer OS version made changes that affected the device name functionality, and those changes remain even after downgrading.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours