Just tried this out today, it's a little difficult, but very fun nonetheless! Impressive work!
How to reset all cheat-codes in game?
Michael2_3B wrote:
Just tried this out today, it's a little difficult, but very fun nonetheless! Impressive work!
Somehow I missed this, but thanks! It is difficult for sure, the originals were tough games to beat. But perhaps I could do some further balance tweaking in the next update..

texasins wrote:
How to reset all cheat-codes in game?
If you exit out of the game and then reload, the cheat codes shouldn't be active anymore. Or is that not working?

I'm currently working on a minor update, which so far includes the following:

- 15 new achievements (now 60 achievements in total)
- Removed some unused code & data, and compressed some more data on the 84+CE build
- You now move slower/faster when walking up/down ramps
- Enemies spawning from holes in the ground now have a short delay before they start moving around

I still need to finish off the achievements and fully test them on both the 83/84+ and 84+CE builds, then I've got a few more little ideas I might toy with, but I'm aiming to have this released next month!

Full achievement list:

Demo of the ramp walking speeds - it's not super obvious, but it's there:
The coding of the new achievements is now done, and tonight I went ahead and finally added some basic player movement animation, similar to the original Amiga games:

The new player movement animation is extremely nice!

Also look at that list of achievements! Shock Mr Green
Can you make the player a smidge less darker? Looking pretty awesome! Very Happy
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Can you make the player a smidge less darker? Looking pretty awesome! Very Happy

Thanks! Hmm I could, my stubbornness is telling me no as it's currently the same colours as the Amiga version haha, but I'll try a slight tweak and see how it looks Smile

I've gone ahead and added movement animations to the rest of the enemy types as well.

I was able to make more efficient use of sprite compression and free RAM usage, so whilst I've added about 21KB of raw sprite data, the overall game/data file size has only increased by just over 2KB.
Ok I cleaned up a few more things, and v3.1.0 is now available:

TI-84 Plus CE version
TI-83/84 Plus version

Changelog:
- Added 15 new achievements.
- Player now moves slower/faster when walking up/down a ramp, respectively.
- Enemies spawning from holes in the ground have a short delay before moving.
- Security Guards have a short delay before moving.
- Achievements such as gathering all pickup items, opening doors now register during the level instead of at the end of the level.
- Reduced enemy health.
- Reduced enemy and enemy bullet damage.
- (84+CE) Removed some unused code & data.
- (84+CE) Further compression on sprite data.
- (84+CE) Player movement is now animated.
- (84+CE) Enemy movement is now animated for all enemy types.
- (84+CE) Tweaked some Hatchery tiles.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours