Huh some robots didn't give me any silicon and instead gave me some other item I forgot the name of but I think it was for Megan.

Also I tried Collin's ray gun (basic and sweep) on the Evil Fox and it wouldn't even flinch. Maybe it's a bug?

As for revisiting old dungeons, maybe the new area could use monsters from the previously visited area and change everytime you complete a new area?
Quote:
As for revisiting old dungeons, maybe the new area could use monsters from the previously visited area and change every time you complete a new area?

Unfortunately the game's engine doesn't support that. Each world supports up to 8 enemies, and I'm not willing to replace enemies unique to each world with enemies from previous worlds. I could adjust some of the maps and put the easiest enemies towards the front, but I don't think that will completely solve the problem.

In theory, after testing the game several times, I felt that players could progress through the game well enough even by fighting as few enemies as possible. I guess I wasn't really correct there. In that case, if I add the Arena, I can have a section in the manual that will encourage players to train.
One of the things that came up during recent testing is what could happen if a new player mistakenly goes through each level too fast and is stuck with few weapons and little money in a harder level. (A big "thank you" to DJ_Omni for his thoughts about this)

Given the current state of the game engine, the easiest fix is adding an "arena" mode.

Here you can fight bots to gain more XP. The bots all look the same (the arena is only meant as an emergency training ground,) but they have randomized weapons, strengths and weaknesses so that you're almost not fighting the same enemy twice.

As an emergency training ground, the trick will be working out how to make enemies weak enough for new players to handle but not making them so easy that the new players decide to grind on these enemies instead of leveling themselves up fighting the game's main enemies.

The newest update is ready! You can download it here until Cemetech approves the file: https://tinyurl.com/2nmu6buj

Features:
-----------------
* New secret level, complete with secret boss! (There's a hint for finding it if you go to "fast-play" mode)

* New fast-play mode. Removes collision-detection and lets you start in any level. THERE'S NO CRASH PREVENTION! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
--- For those of you who have completed the game, just go back and beat the final boss again to access fast play.

* New "arena" map. If you suddenly find levels difficult because your characters are not strong-enough, you can safely level up in the arena by fighting "phantoms"

* Two new weapons
* Improvements to make the game easier (earn money from ANY enemy, saving your game will partially recharge empty batteries, etc.)
* Bug fixes

At this point, I consider the game "complete." Anything else will be bug fixes. It could be I think of something really fancy in the future, but I spent so much time shuffling code around and keeping file-size small that I'm not really interested in adding or modifying any new levels, weapons or enemies.
Looks like I will have even more fun playing this with the new upgrades to the game. Great job on this game. I had so much distractions lately that I haven't played in a while but I definitively can't wait to play again. I assume my save file will still work, right?
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Looks like I will have even more fun playing this with the new upgrades to the game. Great job on this game. I had so much distractions lately that I haven't played in a while but I definitively can't wait to play again. I assume my save file will still work, right?

Yes, it will still work Smile Smile (But all the same let me know if it doesn't!)
Wow this looks great (and there's a name i haven't seen in a while)! I remember Slova as well, that was a neat idea/project, cool to see you take the engine further! Gonna be putting this on my calc now.
chickendude wrote:
Wow this looks great (and there's a name i haven't seen in a while)! I remember Slova as well, that was a neat idea/project, cool to see you take the engine further! Gonna be putting this on my calc now.

Hey chickendude, long time no see! Thanks again, by the way, for the use of your engine! Apart from being helpful for the 83+, I was able to learn from it to create the tilemapper needed for the 84+ CE.
Updated the game. Here's a courtesy link until Cemetech approves the file. https://tinyurl.com/Elimination141

Version 1.4.1
---------------

--Made the music puzzle easier to solve
--Clarification to the manual: Can email for help when solving puzzles
--Bug fixes:
..Fixed a crash introduced in Version 1.4 when talking to Jaslin
..Fixed a bug where numerous tiles would become false "animated" tiles when leaving the secret level
..Fixed a bug where a warning message "Please archive files / please load correct appvars" would erase saved games
..Fix a bug where a player was not allowed to confirm whether or not he wanted to give up on the secret level
Balancing and bug fix suggestions:
Robots give too much silicon, already got almost all the upgrades in level one.
Tree mice are almost impossible (Too fast) to kill unless the wide sweep is used
OS reset every time I close the game (might be a calculator issue though)
Cannot re-read the stones with the notes on them in the music puzzle
Cesium Icon/description support?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours