» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharing doesn't work. (I can access my file's code from share links but everyone says they can't)
Specifically, when he shares the link and we open it, it'll just show our list of programs, rather than the program he tried to share.
When I create a DCS7 assembly program with the normal ASM header located at https://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=ASM_Header, I get 45 errors.
https://pastebin.com/8DW7sncp
clevor wrote:
When I create a DCS7 assembly program with the normal ASM header located at https://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=ASM_Header, I get 45 errors.
https://pastebin.com/8DW7sncp
This is an incompatibility between the official dcs7 include file and SPASM: turns out SPASM doesn't let you define a macro with the same name as a symbol, so the way it defines shortcut macros for some GUI functions is problematic.

I've patched the dcs7.inc that sourcecoder provides to avoid this problem; you may need to clear your browser's cache to get the new version.

Code:
diff --git a/content/SDK/Mono/dcs7.inc b/content/SDK/Mono/dcs7.inc
index 91fb494..80f29c7 100644
--- a/content/SDK/Mono/dcs7.inc
+++ b/content/SDK/Mono/dcs7.inc
@@ -41,7 +41,10 @@ Cn2_Int_RecBuf =SavesScreen+5+2                                              ;86F3h
 ;+270: cn2_int_sendbuf
 Cn2_Int_SendBuf =SavesScreen+256+5+2+7                         ;87FAh

+; TASM and SPASM don't allow macros to have the same name as other symbols
+; (which for these macros the symbols are defined later).
 #ifndef TASM
+#ifndef SPASM
 #define PushGUIStack(xx,yyyy,zzzz) ld a,xx \ ld hl,yyyy \ ld de,zzzz \ call PushGUIStack
 #define PopGUIStack() call PopGUIStack
 #define PopGUIStacks(xx) ld b,xx \ call PopGUIStackS
@@ -61,6 +64,7 @@ Cn2_Int_SendBuf =SavesScreen+256+5+2+7                                ;87FAh
 #define PushGUIStacks(xxxx) ld hl,xxxx \ call PushGUIStacks
 #define GUIFindThis(offset) ld a,offset \ call GUIFindThis
 #endif
+#endif

iversion              = $4083
 irandom               = $4086
Thanks for taking care of this, Tari!
I keep having a minor issue where some parts of text in a string will get turned into other tokens because I'm using lower case letters, for example, the pi in Spirit gets changed into S(pi symbol)rit
Use Sp\irit to prevent this from happening. SourceCoder will try to save space by changing strings to tokens but using a backslash will force SourceCoder to keep the string of lowercase letters as is.
aroanent wrote:
I keep having a minor issue where some parts of text in a string will get turned into other tokens because I'm using lower case letters, for example, the pi in Spirit gets changed into S(pi symbol)rit

Just include a backslash.

For example:
p\i will be parsed as the letters “p” and “i” rather than the pi symbol.

This can be used for any token you want to be parsed as individual letters, not just pi. For example,
“sin(“ can be written as “s\in(“ in sourcecoder if you do not want the actual sin( token.

The placement of the backslash doesn’t matter, as long as it’s within the word and not on the front or end of it.
Not really a bug I think, but it seems that SourceCoder won't let me save my latest hybrid TI-BASIC project because it's larger than 65535 bytes. All sub-programs are less than 64 KB (although one of them is like 62 KB). Thankfully I had a lot of free time with no distraction earlier so I could export the larger sub-program and remove it from the SourceCoder project (so that I could save the unfinished work) and I can probably split the game into multiple SourceCoder projects, but I just wanted to let you know. Is it because SourceCoder can export full projects into 8xg files? (I normally export each individual file one by one)
I have another bug. When saving a project, it says
SC3 probably wrote:
Output saved. Output binary is 3458 bytes.
There are connection issues since this morning preventing me from saving my projects and exporting doesn't work either. The problem started this morning even when I am under the size limit of 65536 bytes.
I have been trying to create 10x10 Sprites for axe bitmaps but the Scourcecoder is not giving me the correct hex code.
It is chopping off the sprite at 8 pixels and giving the hex for that instead of the four hex chars for each line.
if i am making a 10x2 map it gives me this: [FF00] instead of this [FFC00000]
1. Anything that is supposed to cause SPASM-ng to crash will cause SourceCoder3 to hang. Even typing something as
Code:
b(
without a succeeding newline and checking it as (e)Z80 assembly will cause it to hang.

2. It is spelled Z80 and eZ80, not z80 and ez80.
clevor wrote:
1. Anything that is supposed to cause SPASM-ng to crash will cause SourceCoder3 to hang. Even typing something as
Code:
b(
without a succeeding newline and checking it as (e)Z80 assembly will cause it to hang.
Nothing is supposed to crash the assembler; that's a bug in it.

Quote:
2. It is spelled Z80 and eZ80, not z80 and ez80.
I this some kind of joke that I don't understand? It's officially styled as eZ80.
Sorry for the lack of context
So I'm fairly lazy on my home PC, and just use Edge, Version 120.0.2210.144

I can load into the page for Sourcecoder just fine, everything shows up, click the button to upload a .8xp file, and.. Nothing. It does not progress in the slightest from there. I can switch over to Chrome and it works just fine.
tifreak8x wrote:
So I'm fairly lazy on my home PC, and just use Edge, Version 120.0.2210.144

I can load into the page for Sourcecoder just fine, everything shows up, click the button to upload a .8xp file, and.. Nothing. It does not progress in the slightest from there. I can switch over to Chrome and it works just fine.
Same version of Edge works fine for me, loading a BASIC program.
I refreshed the 2 tabs I had open, and tried again, and it suddenly works for me as well. :/ I wonder if one of the tabs was causing a slowdown or something on the other? Ah well, if it works for most, then it probably isn't an issue.
It seems that the "ExecLib " and "getDtStr(" tokens are not properly loaded when opening a program in SC3. Instead, they're loaded as "ExecLib" and "getDtStr".
TIny_Hacker wrote:
It seems that the "ExecLib " and "getDtStr(" tokens are not properly loaded when opening a program in SC3. Instead, they're loaded as "ExecLib" and "getDtStr".
Looks like this error is inherited from TokenIDE, but should be fixed now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 31 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours