So I'm using Output( to display a formula at the end of a program, and I was wondering if there is a way to display something right after another one without having to indicate the coordinates
For exemple, if I want to display A+2, I do:
Output(1,1,A
Output(1,2,"+2"

But I would want it to be able the change in fonction of the A, which can be longer:
So if A is equal to 3, it would display: 3+2
But if A is equal to 10, it would still display: 1+2
When I want it to display: 10+2

I know that if I want that result I can't write Output(1,2,"+2" but idk what it should be so that it works
On the TI-84 Plus CE, you can do this by first converting the variable to a string with toString(, and then by checking the length of the string with length( and adding it to the initial drawing value. For example:

Code:
:Output(1,1,A
:Output(1,1+length(toString(A)),"+2

You can also use the method described by LogicalJoe below, it will end up with a smaller program size and be a bit better overall. On the CE, you put the value into the string with toString( like this:

Code:
toString(A->Str1

If you're not using the CE, you can use the alternative method mentioned by LogicalJoe to convert the value to a string.
No this is not possible using Output( only.

It would be more efficient to store the entire equation to a string and displaying/returning the string at the end of your program:
Code:
"10"->Str1
Str1+"+2"->Str1
Disp Str1

On monochrome calculators you can use this method to convert numeric variables to strings.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours