I've made a few programs over the last while, one for counting atoms in an molecule formula. One for Drawing on the graph screen. And one for Solving 2 step and multi step equations. But now I've exhausted my ideas. So now i come to you for program ideas that I should try. Although I don't want to make a game.
its possible Very Happy
Make a chat program. Very Happy
To paraphrase Charles H. Duell… “Everything that can be programmed, has been programmed.”

Stay vibin my dood
Michael2_3B wrote:
To paraphrase Charles H. Duell… “Everything that can be programmed, has been programmed.”

Stay vibin my dood

To be fair, I don't think anyone has made a program to calculate the density of hair on a sasquatch's hind end at 30 paces. Very Happy I jest, of course, but I don't think it's accurate to say that EVERYTHING has already been programmed.
ChozoSR388 wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

Stay vibin my dood

To be fair, I don't think anyone has made a program to calculate the density of hair on a sasquatch's hind end at 30 paces. Very Happy I jest, of course, but I don't think it's accurate to say that EVERYTHING has already been programmed.

How about a program to write a program to write a program to disprove Duell's statement?
Invalid_Jake wrote:
Make a chat program. Very Happy

It's a pain on the 84 in basic. Trust me, I've done it. But in all seriousness, I would create a program for doing a Punnett square. It's possible in basic, but I've only created a primitive version.
CoolModder wrote:
ChozoSR388 wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

Stay vibin my dood

How about a program to write a program to write a program to disprove Duell's statement?

It's just pretty self-evident, as there's so much that we, as a species, still don't know about the universe, so, how can it all have been done when we still know about so little of it?
One of the things I liked to do is look at a game that’s more 8-bit style, and recreate it. I did it for frogged, plus you can always think up something random. Don’t be discouraged from trying new things, cause half the problem is usually dismissing ideas that people think are too hard. Maybe you could try and make a simple side scroller where you jump a character over obstacles. It doesn’t have to be complicated to be good.
DragonScholar71 wrote:
I've made a few programs over the last while, one for counting atoms in an molecule formula. One for Drawing on the graph screen. And one for Solving 2 step and multi step equations. But now I've exhausted my ideas. So now i come to you for program ideas that I should try. Although I don't want to make a game.

If you can do this, please make an audio/video player for the CE. PotY 2023 had a program similar to this, except for the fact that it was on monochrome calculators. The TI84PCE is by far the most popular calculator to date, and it should have an amazing program like this on there.

Ulterior Motive: Start rickrolling my friends with this!
Audio on the CE would be much harder than on monochrome models because it lacks a DBUS through which you can plug headphones or speakers, so any CE audio program would need to use USB. That said, this is still a good program idea in case anybody would want to try getting audio to work on the CE.

One idea I have that isn't new but still an idea if someone lacks inspiration would be to take old TI-BASIC games that are poorly optimized then (preferably if the license allows it) remove unnecessary flickering and optimize the code to today's standards, sort-of like what happened with X-Wing to a certain extent. It could also be with ASM or C programs.
ryanconmartians wrote:

Ulterior Motive: Start rickrolling my friends with this!

This already exists
https://www.cemetech.net/downloads/files/1449/x1449
That's if you somehow manage to even run it at all, though. I don't even know which version of the C libraries can run this program since for me it just shows an error about missing GRAPHC library.
V9 might work as there was a bloons game that needed that and broke if it had a newer copy
Speaking of project Necromancy, can you resurrect
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17404&start=20

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours