Michael2_3B wrote:
Memory issues are to be expected, it’s still in development so I’d be surprised if you could even play it at all right now.

I’ll update you here when I fix it

I assume that you are doing sprites for the blocks. However, I don't recommend that specifically because of the memory. I would recommend actually making a function with a bunch of gfx_Line, gfx_SetPixel, or gfx_FillRectangle, etc. For example, instead of making a sprite for my cursor in GrannySmithOS I made the following function.

Code:

void cursor(unsigned int x, unsigned int y)
{
   gfx_SetColor(settings.cursor_outline);
   gfx_Line(x,y,x,y+13);
   gfx_Line(x+1,y,x+10,y+9);
   gfx_Line(x+1,y+12,x+3,y+10);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+4,y+11);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+4,y+12);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+5,y+13);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+5,y+14);
   gfx_Line(x+6,y+15,x+8,y+15);
   gfx_Line(x+8,y+15,x+8,y+13);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+7,y+12);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+7,y+11);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+6,y+10);
   gfx_Line(x+6,y+9,x+9,y+9);
   gfx_SetColor(settings.cursor_interior);
   gfx_Line(x+1,y+1,x+1,y+11);
   gfx_Line(x+2,y+2,x+2,y+10);
   gfx_Line(x+3,y+3,x+3,y+9);
   gfx_Line(x+4,y+4,x+4,y+10);
   gfx_Line(x+5,y+5,x+5,y+12);
   gfx_Line(x+6,y+6,x+6,y+8);
   gfx_Line(x+7,y+7,x+7,y+8);
   gfx_SetPixel(x+8,y+8);
   gfx_Line(x+6,y+11,x+6,y+14);
   gfx_Line(x+7,y+13,x+7,y+14);

}

For the record, this method of making functions for sprites does not affect speed, performance, or quality. Prior to making functions for sprites, GrannySmithOS was clocking at like 50kb, but with function sprites, I've been able to chop it down to around 35kb, although the majority of the graphics are still sprites because I'm too lazy to switch. You would just call the function normally and provide parameters such as position on the screen.
ProgrammerBobSmith wrote:
I assume that you are doing sprites for the blocks. However, I don't recommend that specifically because of the memory. I would recommend actually making a function with a bunch of gfx_Line, gfx_SetPixel, or gfx_FillRectangle, etc.

I'm not really sure that this is a valid solution. While it may work for more simplistic graphics, like the ones in your shell, here the patterns on the blocks and the variation in them likely means that trying this would effectively end up in becoming a ton of gfx_SetPixels or similar, which is unlikely to create any speed or size benefit compared to a compressed sprite.
Additionally, drawing stuff like this is incredibly slow compared to sprites, unless your graphic is very simple.
You should also probably use the horizontal and vertical variants of gfx_Line instead, since they're faster.
Hey, i know basically nothing about code, but i really want to get this to work on my computer, went to the github page but i honestly dont really understand it, hope i can get some help on running it
I'm guessing that you'll want to download the ISO.8xp file in the repository and send that to the calculator using TI Connect CE.
Apologies to anyone wanting to try this out-

The program in the repository does not work. You will get a memory error.

I am unable to fix it right now.
To anyone wanting to try this out(Probably after seeing Science Elf's video), as you can see above, Michael2_3B doesn't have the current build working. Please do not bother him with incessant whining about how his old project doesn't work, he is a very busy man.
Instead, I have been so kind as to host an old copy of the project from when I got word about it(that works to my knowledge)
http://isvincent.gay/Isometric-Minecraft-CE-master.zip
All you need to do to try it out is to run the .8xp file inside of the zip on your calculator. The repository and readme have more instructions should you need them. This is a full copy of the repository as it appeared on 2/19/22, and I'll be deactivating this download link one Michael fixes the repository or after a few months have passed and I remember to do it.
greenturtle537 wrote:
To anyone wanting to try this out(Probably after seeing Science Elf's video), as you can see above, Michael2_3B doesn't have the current build working. Please do not bother him with incessant whining about how his old project doesn't work, he is a very busy man.
Instead, I have been so kind as to host an old copy of the project from when I got word about it(that works to my knowledge)
http://isvincent.gay/Isometric-Minecraft-CE-master.zip
All you need to do to try it out is to run the .8xp file inside of the zip on your calculator. The repository and readme have more instructions should you need them. This is a full copy of the repository as it appeared on 2/19/22, and I'll be deactivating this download link one Michael fixes the repository or after a few months have passed and I remember to do it.

Nice this is really helpful man 👍

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours