What is oxygen?

Oxygen is an additional graphical library for the CE toolchain that allows you to develop GUI-intensive programs faster! “are you tired of programming the bare bones of a simple program?!” Don’t worry, just use oxygen. Oxygen used to be for Xenon only, but I saw the desperate need of new developers wanting to develop powerful graphical programs.

With the growing popularity of cursors being used in programs on CE calculators, Oxygen comes with a built-in cursor system and, of course, a widget system cloned from GTK. Oxygen comes with a bundle of features. You can read about them below.

Features
  • Cursor System: “I want to use a mouse rather than keys to navigate”
    • Moveable Mouse.
    • Customizable Key logs.

• GTK (Window/Widget) System: “I want a menu and slider in it!”
    • Based on GTK.
    • Customizable Colors.
    • Works with other systems.
    • Tons of widgets to use.

• Graphical Functions: “I want rounded rectangle or experiential shapes (Curved lines)!”
    • Different Shapes
    • Color Conversions.

• Virtual File System: “I want my programs to manage folders and etc.”
    • Edit Basic programs.
    • Running Assembly & Basic Programs.
    • Universal Program Communication (via ANS).
    • Folder System.

• Developer Insights: “Hey! What’s going on with my program??”
    • Compile with “make debug” to view debug information in CEmu.
    • Comments everywhere.
    • Compatible with C++!

• GUI System: “How do I create a text input? I want my user to choose a color!”
    • Battery indicator and Clock.
    • Customizable colors.
    • Text input.
    • Color Selector.

• Notification System: “I want to send a notification to another program!”
    • Display different messages between programs.
    • Different Rendering techniques included.
    • Display Notification drop-down included.

• Saving System: “I don’t know how to save my data from Oxygen!”
    • Automatic Appvar Saving!
    • zx7 Compression!

Examples: "Oxygen has been in development for a while here are a few examples of what oxygen can do."

Oxygen was used to develop Xenon CL, a command line shell!

Oxygen was used to create Xenon a power graphical shell! (Not completed)

Oxygen was used to create a frog pet simulator Demo!

An early version Oxygen version was used in Scratch CE!

Oxygen was used to create a simple Simon says demo!

Documentation (Under Development): https://alvajoy.slite.com/api/s/_fJsK_ZwIdXyCh/Oxygen
Github: Releasing very soon!

My end goal is to develop something very useful for new developers that want to develop quick graphical programs/projects!

What do you think about Oxygen? Feel free to a reply!
Hey, Alvajoy! Although I won't be able to contribute to this amazing idea. I honestly think it'll be pretty nice. Two suggestions though, first the site that you have linked doesn't scroll so you have to zoom out in order view the whole page, secondly the GitHub link in that site to the library is not a valid link. As such, I can't really comment about the libraries. However, as I have been doing something similar with my own shell (GrannySmithOS), I can say that this is an EXTREMELY great idea. Oftentimes, new developers (like me) end up wasting time coming up with simple routines such as inputing text/numbers while in gfx. So I really think that this will be a super handy idea that will really take off! Can't wait to see all the new functions!
ProgrammerBobSmith wrote:
Hey, Alvajoy! Although I won't be able to contribute to this amazing idea. I honestly think it'll be pretty nice. Two suggestions though, first the site that you have linked doesn't scroll so you have to zoom out in order view the whole page, secondly the GitHub link in that site to the library is not a valid link.

Hey Bob, this isn't an idea this is a work in progress almost ready for pre-alpha ... I also haven't linked a GitHub page whatsoever, I also won't be posting anything on GitHub publicly until the first release. The documentation site seems to work just fine for everyone else.

As such, I can't really comment about the libraries. However, as I have been doing something similar with my own shell (GrannySmithOS), I can say that this is an EXTREMELY great idea. Oftentimes, new developers (like me) end up wasting time coming up with simple routines such as inputing text/numbers while in gfx. So I really think that this will be a super handy idea that will really take off! Can't wait to see all the new functions!

I think the library would be very useful for you! Thanks for the support!
Alvajoy123 wrote:

Hey Bob, this isn't an idea this is a work in progress almost ready for pre-alpha ... I also haven't linked a GitHub page whatsoever, I also won't be posting anything on GitHub publicly until the first release. The documentation site seems to work just fine for everyone else.

Even better! Very Happy
Someone should create a project named Iron that can be used with Oxygen so we can get Rust support.
DrDnar wrote:
Someone should create a project named Iron that can be used with Oxygen so we can get Rust support.

lol would love to someone create a program called iron! isn't there already rust support on the CE?
Alvajoy123 wrote:
DrDnar wrote:

0x5 would love to someone create a program called iron! isn't there already rust support on the CE?

I'll make an Iron toolchain from the stuff I have made that I use for GrannySmithOS! lol, that's such a greatly funny idea! Razz
Alvajoy123 wrote:
DrDnar wrote:

0x5 would love to someone create a program called iron! isn't there already rust support on the CE?

I'll make an Iron toolchain from the stuff I have made that I use for GrannySmithOS! 0x5, that's such a greatly funny idea! Razz

Sounds Pretty Fun! Hopefully the iron toolchain will be using Oxygen when it comes out! Razz
Update: I know it has been a while since I posted about Oxygen but currently working on development, documentation, and trying to make Oxygen super easy to find on Github.

Please let me know if you have any questions about Oxygen!
This sounds like a great project!

I think you should add 2 hydrogen next
Michael2_3B wrote:
This sounds like a great project!

I think you should add 2 hydrogen next

Thanks! Believe it or not, Oxygen used to be called hydrogen before I changed it to oxygen because everyone needs oxygen to survive.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours