So when I use multiple pxl-test statements back to back like this:

Text(0,0,pxl-Test(Y*(~1)+82,X+136
Text(0,10,pxl-Test(Y*(~1)+82,X+136
Text(0,20,pxl-Test(Y*(~1)+82,X+136
Text(0,30,pxl-Test(Y*(~1)+82,X+136
Text(0,40,pxl-Test(Y*(~1)+82,X+136

Only the first one works, all the others fail and display just 1 all the time.
Any idea what could be causing this and how to circumvent it??
The X and Y variables are often silently used by the OS when drawing things, which I'd guess is your problem.

Using variables other than X and Y will probably fix it, though I played with similar concepts and wasn't able to identify exactly what's changing them (so I can't be sure that's actually what's going wrong for you).
My guess would be that the Text() command itself is changing the Y variable. Common conventions including using A and B, C and R (column/row), or X and Z instead of X and Y.
Tari wrote:
The X and Y variables are often silently used by the OS when drawing things, which I'd guess is your problem.

Using variables other than X and Y will probably fix it, though I played with similar concepts and wasn't able to identify exactly what's changing them (so I can't be sure that's actually what's going wrong for you).

Sorry I didnt check in earlier, thanks for the reponse!
KermMartian wrote:
My guess would be that the Text() command itself is changing the Y variable. Common conventions including using A and B, C and R (column/row), or X and Z instead of X and Y.

Thanks allot Kerm! I just started using a matrix to solve my problem, but from now on i'll use A,B for coordinates...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours