Hello, I have been on Cemetech for a bit and finally decided to make an account and start posting. Anyway, I have just taught myself ICE and have made my first program, which is a version of guitar hero, (Or FNF since they are practically the same). I would like to improve the game but due to my general lack of knowledge in this subject, I'm gonna need help and suggestions.

One minor change I made was making it 4 notes instead of 5, cuz 5 was just kinda awkward. So i guess this is more like a FNF anyways

What I have now is the base game. No menu, it just lets you start right as you press enter. as the notes go up, use the top 4 keys (y=, window, trace, & graph) To hit the notes, and every time you do, you get a point, and a smile is added to your list on the bottom.

The notes currently are not sprites but are just small lines, so just don't expect this to look too good Laughing

Here is the file if you want to try it Smile https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbgtbm3s3z54i6d/FNF.8xp?dl=0
(this is always the newest link, I'm updating it every post)

I would like to expand on this game but don't know how to do anything with sprites or menus, so I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
Hmm there seems to be an issue with the file, because it won't appear in CEmu and when I play on a real calculator I see small lines at the top separating each note slot and the text Guitar Hero at the bottom, but that's pretty much it, nothing else happens and I have to press the reset button on the back of the calculator in order to exit. D:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Hmm there seems to be an issue with the file, because it won't appear in CEmu and when I play on a real calculator I see small lines at the top separating each note slot and the text Guitar Hero at the bottom, but that's pretty much it, nothing else happens and I have to press the reset button on the back of the calculator in order to exit. D:

Yeah, I have just run into this issue as well. It was working just fine until I exported it from the calculator. I managed to fix it tho. It had something to do with the difficulty system i had begun implementing
I will update the file as soon as i can
New updated link. This one should work

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8rvpybfid3pqrc/GTRHERO.8xp?dl=0
Yeah it works now. a I suck at the game lol. Getting those little faces to appear at the bottom of the screen is hard. xd
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Yeah it works now. a I suck at the game 0x5. Getting those little faces to appear at the bottom of the screen is hard. xd
That's exactly why I was going to be adding more difficulties, but I should probably prioritize sprites.
Little update, I've figured out how to make sprites, but all of the sprite creators either have a glitchey output or the program itself is glitchy

Can someone recommend me a program
Designer works good for me for sprites
IceWorks wrote:
Designer works good for me for sprites
I've tried designer but the actual drawing space itself seems to have a glitch for me. I've gone to his thread and made a post about it and he said it was about clibs. I tried changing my version but it still did not fix.
From the poll I posted, I'm getting that FNF would be better than guitar hero, so i am switching the project to that.
UPDATE

I've kinda been stalling on the sprites, but I got some nice things working. I now have a Menu, in which you can select the week(which does not make a difference yet) And also change the difficulty. to change the week, use up and down buttons, for difficulty, left and right buttons.

another small addition I made was a logo for the game and a description. You should be able to see them in cesium or any other shell.

I am either going to be working on sprites, a new score system(that lets you loose), or begin adding in songs instead of just random notes.

Here is the new download link for those who want to try it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbgtbm3s3z54i6d/FNF.8xp?dl=0
I have a suggestion but that would require moving stuff around and changing some code, but why not make the notes go down instead of up and have the four of them aligned with the Y=, Window, Zoom and Trace keys? Otherwise it's a bit confusing since they're not aligned with the keys.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I have a suggestion but that would require moving stuff around and changing some code, but why not make the notes go down instead of up and have the four of them aligned with the Y=, Window, Zoom and Trace keys? Otherwise it's a bit confusing since they're not aligned with the keys.

I sort of want to keep it as close to FNF as I can. I am going to add the arrow sprites after i finish setting up the new song and score system. At that point, you will be able to use either the arrows or the top keys, depending on what you want to use.
I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while, but the next iteration of this required me to rewrite a lot of the code, some new parts just be compatible with the old parts.

I also released a small ti84+ version as one of my friends wanted it Smile

here is a list of some of the changes

-The song will now randomly generate before choosing a week, meaning there is now an end to the song
(once I learn how to use appvars, I will make the actual songs, and maybe a song creator)

- There is now an infinite amount of notes allowed to appear at once. prior to this, only 2 would appear on the screen at a time

- The notes are no longer little lines, but now match the arrows from FNF

- I have implemented a song reader, so it can read that randomly generated song from 2 lists, and isolate only the notes that are supposed to be displayed during those frames

And that's about it. I'm just running into a couple of problems with the lists taking to long, and then after i slove that, i will release the new version.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours