Yep, I did it the afternoon I posted that! My calculator randomly crashed about five minutes after, while I was still walking around, and now ram resets whenever it doesn't get used for 24hrs or so, but I don't know if that is the program's fault, or a faulty battery. If I make an HD version, should I post it?
sJRw wrote:
Yep, I did it the afternoon I posted that! My calculator randomly crashed about five minutes after, while I was still walking around, and now ram resets whenever it doesn't get used for 24hrs or so, but I don't know if that is the program's fault, or a faulty battery. If I make an HD version, should I post it?

That is weird, have you tried doing a full memory reset to see if it still plays up after that? Nothing like this has been reported previously and I haven't had the issue myself (having played through the game dozens of times during testing).

If you mod the game and decide to release it that's fine, as long as you credit the original Smile
That was my fault. I realized that some of the wires in the cord had been ripped out, so if the calculator was plugged in, it would turn on and then use just a little bit more battery than it was receiving from the charger. I got out another cord and it's working just fine.

On a side note, I was messing around with Hexaedit on the Bancgfx appvar, and ended up breaking it so it looks really weird. Each tile now is half another tile, like the offsets of the sprites in the tilemaps are broken. I only changed like eight bytes, and I didn't add any null characters. Do you have the format for how the appvar stores everything?

I'm on a trip right now, and I didn't bring my CE, so I can't try anything out or elaborate until like Wednesday.
sJRw wrote:
On a side note, I was messing around with Hexaedit on the Bancgfx appvar, and ended up breaking it so it looks really weird. Each tile now is half another tile, like the offsets of the sprites in the tilemaps are broken. I only changed like eight bytes, and I didn't add any null characters. Do you have the format for how the appvar stores everything?

Yeah you won't be able to just rip or edit the graphics data straight out of the appvar as they're Huffman compressed. You'd need to change the .png files (located in the source/gfx folder) and then recompile.

In the source\design folder there is a spreadsheet called "banchor design.xlsx" that has a bunch of info about file formats, memory layout during execution, world layout, tile definitions, etc.
JamesV wrote:
xMarminq_ wrote:
Where are the winged boots?
I'll send you a PM Smile

Where are the winged boots?
I ended up putting together a full walkthrough (including maps), which you can grab from here:

http://ceme.tech/DL2131

In short though:
The Winged Boots are in a pyramid in the south-west corner of Hell. You'll need to navigate around the lava rivers to get to the pyramid. Inside there is a false wall, and in the next room you can purchase the Winged Boots for 40,000 gold.
Michael2_3B wrote:
I finally finished the game! Had to grind (kill monsters) for several minutes to get enough gold for things... Got the winged boots, got the 5 crystals, and beat Banchor!

I have to say, though, Anazar was much much harder than Banchor was.

We’re did you find the winged boots, I travel the whole map for 3hours now and I can’t find it 🥲🥲
JamesV wrote:
In short though:
The Winged Boots are in a pyramid in the south-west corner of Hell. You'll need to navigate around the lava rivers to get to the pyramid. Inside there is a false wall, and in the next room you can purchase the Winged Boots for 40,000 gold.
I uploaded a small patch of this last night, just a bug fix with one of the enemies not displaying properly, and a tile fixed on one of the map edges that wasn't aligning with the adjoining map..

Banchor: Legend of the Hellspawn v2.0.1
Walkthrough v2.0.1
A new update Smile
how do i sword Graphing Calculator Question Question Question
dodope56 wrote:
how do i sword Graphing Calculator Question Question Question

Once you find the sword, press [2nd]. But I'm guessing you haven't found the sword yet.. It's in the Castle Dungeon area, so if you've found your way out through the secret passage, go back in Smile You'll need to dodge/tank a few enemies along the way

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours