This is awesome, but it sounds like if it will really end up being Clash of Clans, you'd need to get pretty good compression on everything. How much memory does the current prgm take up?
You are probably right:

Total bites is 8.6k
I would say about 1k-1.5k for the actual program maybe less

28x14 sprites:
- Grass
- Wall

20*20 sprites:
- Two animation states for the cannon (smaller pieces that change)

56*28 sprites:
- Base of the cannon

Most of the sprites are going to be the 56*28 or even bigger if it wants to overlap for the 3D feeling (such as the archer tower being tall and partially covering the squares behind it

What I am most likely going to have to is make most of the sprites a lot less detailed by halving the pixels. I am not super familiar with how do do any compression or storing the sprites in appvars so I might need a bit of help in the future Smile
I really suggest Huffman/pattern replacement compression. That would make the program really small, especially if the actual program is only 1k. If you give proper credit, you could use the Huffman.exe file in JamesV's Banchor.

EDIT: If you don't add too much to the textures, you could get as much as 85-90% compression, and that could drop the program down to abt. 3.5k.
Also, I looked at the GitHub and it only has the readme. Have you added the actual file yet?
sJRw wrote:
Also, I looked at the GitHub and it only has the readme. Have you added the actual file yet?

The source code is in a zip file linked to in the release.
The source file only has the readme in it.
sJRw wrote:

The source is quite clearly in the release zip.
sJRw wrote:

Not the zip file included in the release, the zip file linked in the release.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours