Okay, I just tested it with freshly downloaded C libraries, and it worked for me - are you sure that you're actually sending the file you just downloaded, instead of skipping it because the older version is already present on the calculator?
i'm almost certain, but i'll try it one more time when i get home
i redownloaded off of the chromebook i was using and it worked! thanks lol
This game is very well done and the graphics feel way too good. One thing I notice is that to sync up with the true dailies I need to set the system clock 2 days ahead. I have transcended above and now must look down on anyone who does their daily wordle not on a calculator. I noticed the new Gimme 5! game which is similar in principle to yours but allows for randomization and challenge sharing, rather than daily challenges. The code is all open source and I was wondering if you were planning to implement those features in later builds?
greenturtle537 wrote:
One thing I notice is that to sync up with the true dailies I need to set the system clock 2 days ahead.

At the time that I released the game, the dailies were in sync. This was right before the New York Times acquired it and started futzing with the word list. It will probably get more and more out of sync over time, so I plan to have two word lists in the next version, the original one and the Corporate Selloutâ„¢ version that matches the new word list.

greenturtle537 wrote:
I noticed the new Gimme 5! game which is similar in principle to yours but allows for randomization and challenge sharing, rather than daily challenges. The code is all open source and I was wondering if you were planning to implement those features in later builds?

I probably won't. The original game doesn't have that, and I also don't want to step on Captain Calc's toes by stealing their features.
I found a potential bug, my friend who has an unhealthy addiction to this game believes that if both a yellow and a green letter(the same letter) appear in a word, there must be at least 2 present, as the original game functions. However, while solving the daily today(2 days ahead), my friend guessed "worry", the game reported that the first r was yellow and the second was green, however because the word was "mourn". Obviously this is an uncommon issue but would drastically decrease one's ability to solve the puzzle if they are under the idea that this version is a perfect clone of the original.
Yes, that's a known issue that will be fixed in the next release.
Update time!
Download here

This version fixes an issue with tile colors when there are multiple of the same type, an issue with text color in light mode.

This update is split into "Classic" and "Corporate Selloutâ„¢" editions, which are identical except that the former uses the original word list, while the latter uses the current word list after the New York Times finished poking it. When in doubt, you'll probably want to get WORDLE_sellout.8xp.

This version doesn't yet include word compression. I do have a decompression algorithm that works pretty well, but I have the attention span of a goldfish and as a result haven't yet reimplemented it in assembly.
Honestly, while I don't really enjoy playing Wordle, I still think that this is a really awesome accomplishment! Thanks for giving me one more game with which I can relieve my boredom during class! Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours