epsilon5 wrote:
Any screenshots of that file listing/execution, and what kind of built-in tools were you planning?

Once I work out all of the kinks in file listing and execution, I'll post some GIFs of it functioning correctly (hopefully Laughing ).

I have a few tools in mind, but the one that seems the most interesting would be some sort of macro scripting language. These macros could be set to on key shortcuts (such as on-math), so you can activate them at any time.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!
micrOS is coming along smoothly!

I added a credits screen and made a lot of design improvements in the latest commit.

What I'm working on:
- Fixing a lot of cursor issues
- A help window
- Working file execution
Very nice! One thing that I'd like to point out is that you can hide the ! and # entries, which you do want to hide, in your code by doing something like this:
Code:
char *name;
void *search_pos;
uint8_t type;
while ((name = ti_DetectAny(&search_pos, NULL, &type)) {
     if (*name == '!' || *name == '#') continue;
     //do more things here, using the name, which now refers to a file that you probably want to display
     //you can also narrow things down using type, which I assume you've already discovered
}

Also, those hex codes are very fun, but what do they mean? Assuming you're using Unicode (EDIT: which you're almost certainly not), that translates to )‚£*¢¦%r«)ò¯%r¤)‚«)¦%r£*b£, which doesn't make any sense at all. I took a screenshot and have it posted below if anyone wants to figure it out:Can we have a hint

Anyway, looking forward to more updates! Looks like you've made some impressive progress for just a few days of work.
[quote="nanobot567"]
epsilon5 wrote:
I have a few tools in mind, but the one that seems the most interesting would be some sort of macro scripting language. These macros could be set to on key shortcuts (such as on-math), so you can activate them at any time.

Ooh, yes, please! Will these be globally enabled (with ASM hooks) or only inside the shell?
epsilon5 wrote:
Very nice! One thing that I'd like to point out is that you can hide the ! and # entries, which you do want to hide...

Thanks for the tip! I'll put it to use right away Smile

epsilon5 wrote:

Also, those hex codes are very fun, but what do they mean? Assuming you're using Unicode (EDIT: which you're almost certainly not), that translates to )‚£*¢¦%r«)ò¯%r¤)‚«)¦%r£*b£, which doesn't make any sense at all. I took a screenshot and have it posted below if anyone wants to figure it out:Can we have a hint

Anyway, looking forward to more updates! Looks like you've made some impressive progress for just a few days of work.

The hex codes actually do mean something! Converted into regular English, they mean "srsly tho, thx".

This message will change with every update, so trying to decode this could be something to do if you are bored Smile

(P.S. Thanks for the compliment!)

darkwater4213 wrote:
epsilon5 wrote:

Ooh, yes, please! Will these be globally enabled (with ASM hooks) or only inside the shell?

Most likely, I will use ASM hooks.
micrOS 1.1dev

More features have been added!

Some notable changes:

- [y=] menu
- "more info" sidebar

Full commit info can be viewed at the github repo.

(P.S, I'm still having a ton of trouble with file execution. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be super helpful Smile )
nanobot567 wrote:
(P.S, I'm still having a ton of trouble with file execution. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be super helpful Smile )

https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/blob/master/examples/standalone/runprgm/src/main.c

https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/headers/tice.html#_CPPv410os_RunPrgmPKcPv6size_t21os_runprgm_callback_t

What specific question do you have that isn't answered by the documentation and/or example?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
nanobot567 wrote:

https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/blob/master/examples/standalone/runprgm/src/main.c

https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/headers/tice.html#_CPPv410os_RunPrgmPKcPv6size_t21os_runprgm_callback_t

What specific question do you have that isn't answered by the documentation and/or example?

I'm having trouble setting each program in the list to a pointer I can call to execute that specified program.
What?

Learn how to describe what you are doing and provide context. I have no clue what you are talking about.

Also wtf is this line, do you really want to exclude all programs starting with M: https://github.com/Nanobot567/micrOS/blob/main/src/main.c#L175

EDIT: Just a glance at the code tells me you are using the pointer returned from ti_Detect without storing the returned string anywhere. Subsequent calls to ti_Detect return the same pointer.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
What?

A way to know which program the cursor is pointing to.

MateoConLechuga wrote:
Also wtf is this line, do you really want to exclude all programs starting with M: https://github.com/Nanobot567/micrOS/blob/main/src/main.c#L175

I wanted to remove all programs named "MICROS" to avoid micrOS running inside of itself, but I fixed it and that change will be shown in the next commit.
nanobot567 wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I wanted to remove all programs named "MICROS" to avoid micrOS running inside of itself, but I fixed it and that change will be shown in the next commit.

What he's saying is that the value pointed to by fileName, which is a char pointer, will be equal to *"MICROS" if that program's first letter is M, since *"MICROS" is the character M. You'd need to use strcmp to resolve this issue, although then there's still the issue of the program potentially being renamed.
micrOS 1.1.1dev

Just fixed a fatal error in fn.c and help.c, everything should compile correctly now.
nanobot567 wrote:
micrOS 1.1.1dev

Just fixed a fatal error in fn.c and help.c, everything should compile correctly now.

Nice! I tried to compile yesterday (?) and was unable to because of that issue. I'll probably give it a test within the next couple days. Is this build in a state where you'd be willing to receive feedback, or is it still just for experimentation?
epsilon5 wrote:
nanobot567 wrote:
micrOS 1.1.1dev

Nice! I tried to compile yesterday (?) and was unable to because of that issue. I'll probably give it a test within the next couple days. Is this build in a state where you'd be willing to receive feedback, or is it still just for experimentation?

I'm always willing to receive feedback! This is my first time using C for creating a TI-84 program, so feel free to give me any tips or tricks that would make micrOS (and/or my programming skills) better.
nanobot567 wrote:
I'm always willing to receive feedback! This is my first time using C for creating a TI-84 program, so feel free to give me any tips or tricks that would make micrOS (and/or my programming skills) better.

Read this page: https://ce-programming.github.io/toolchain/static/coding-guidelines.html
Thanks for the example! I had an idea for a shell and posted it in the forum because I wasn’t sure how to do it, but you have given me good ideas for how to do it in hybrid BASIC or ICE, I haven’t decided it yet.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours