I don't know how to word this, but I'm making a dating simulator as a joke for a friend on my calculator (I love creating pixel art and figured I'd show it off in this format.)
Anyways, I am not entirely sure how displaying text on the screen without the :display " command will work?/ I want the text to overlap a picture I drew (graph). What can I do to achieve this?
And the text should be easily replaceable. I can easily remove and replace my stored pictures so I think that part will be easy once I can display text on graphs.

(and is there a way to prompt someone on dialogue options overlaying a graph too? I can do it via menu but that doesn't reveal my amazing background, but if there's no way to do that that's be fine.) I just need to ask you A or B (for example) and have them input one while still showing the picture.
What programming language are you trying to use, and what type of calculator are you programming on? If you are using TI-Basic on the CE, then it will be fairly simple.
If you're using TI-BASIC, just use the HORIZ command- this will make the bottom half of the screen the homescreen (What you enter text in) and the top half the graph screen (the area you use to display graphics).
If you are making a home screen game, I can send you the TI-BASIC development libraries I have been working on as something of a pet project. TI-Menu v0.2 is currently working, although far from my vision for the final version. I’m also working on a “Press [ENT]…” dialogue (flashing, so no more ambiguity with having to resort to “:pause ” commands). Currently working, very simple to use. If there’s any other TI-BASIC subroutines (like a graphscreen menu, or an interactive graphical menu, or something else) that you’d like me to make, just let me know. It’ll give me something productive to do over winter break… Graphing Calculator Laughing
You can use the Text( command to display text on the graph screen.
dunlavdy wrote:
What programming language are you trying to use, and what type of calculator are you programming on? If you are using TI-Basic on the CE, then it will be fairly simple.

I'm just using the Basic language on the calculator.
Oxiti8 wrote:
If you're using TI-BASIC, just use the HORIZ command- this will make the bottom half of the screen the homescreen (What you enter text in) and the top half the graph screen (the area you use to display graphics).

That'll be good for menus thanks! And thank you commandblockguy for the Text( comment, I kind of forgot that existed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours