I was just writing my first graphics-related TI-BASIC program. I keep getting errors that stem from the variable Y being 0. I set it to 1 at the start of the program, but never change it using the store arrow. Does anyone know of anything other than the store arrow that would change a variable's value?
Some commands that use the graph screen change the values of X and Y. In this case, it sounds like a bug with the ClrDraw command, according to _iPhoenix_. I'd recommend using different variables so that this doesn't happen.
commandblockguy wrote:
In this case, it sounds like a bug with the ClrDraw command, according to _iPhoenix_.

It's not a bug; that's just how does the OS does things. It might be stupid, but that's how the TI-83 Plus series has done it for decades.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours