Yesterday I used my calculator for the first time in 5 years for an exam (most math classes in college don't benefit from a calculator). Today I was looking through my old programs still in memory back when I wrote BASIC programs and found an old one called DISPTEXT2. It was a fake error screen that said "ERR:YOUR MOM" and fake prompts and smileys afterwards. I can't believe I did this to myself.
LUL

Code:
:ClrHome
:While 1
:Input "",Str1
:eval(Str1
:If rand<0.01
:Ans*(rand-0.5
:Disp Ans
:End

Doesn't work quite as well now with MathPrint. . . .
DrDnar wrote:

Code:
:ClrHome
:While 1
:Input "",Str1
:eval(Str1
:If rand<0.01
:Ans*(rand-0.5
:Disp Ans
:End

Doesn't work quite as well now with MathPrint. . . .

Evil. Like

Code:
#define true false
or modifying shell commands.
I compiled tlip and got it to work, so I found some more old programs. This program, called LOLS, was a test of `Output()` from when all I had were the TI Manual and the Catalog and writes LOL randomly to the screen. (The temporary variables were not necessary)

Code:
ClrHome
For(J,1,150)
randInt(1,16)->X
randInt(1,8)->Y
Output(Y,X," LOL  ")
End

Interestingly, the programs dumped from TI-Connect have a header comment like "Program file 07/09/11, 16:40" while those from TILP have a header comment like "Single file dated Thu Oct 14 02:05:32 20". Maybe the year is cut off because the header comment can only be 42 bytes long?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours