SourceCoder 3 has been upgraded to the latest version of the C SDK toolchain, v4.7, including all the new libraries like graphx. Use it for programming C for the TI-84 Plus CE, enjoy it, and let me know if you find any bugs.
KermMartian wrote:
In fact, SourceCoder and jsTIfied even work on smartphone and tablets (including the iPad), meaning that students in schools that issue Chromebooks or iPads can still use it.

How do I find this on the app store? Or do I have to download it?
seanlego23 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
In fact, SourceCoder and jsTIfied even work on smartphone and tablets (including the iPad), meaning that students in schools that issue Chromebooks or iPads can still use it.

How do I find this on the app store? Or do I have to download it?
No need! Just visit SourceCoder and/or jsTIfied in your phone's web browser. Smile
Ah, ok thanks.
The sample code on the C start recommends using graphc; which has been out of date for 9 months. In addtion, the libraries aren't even linkable; so it's not possible to compile pretty much all code.
Presumably I still need to fix that. But more importantly...

The C compilation features in SourceCoder are now fixed, catalyzed by a server OS upgrade that made us realize just how broken they were. They now use the latest SDK, discarding our janky custom Makefile setup with the now-functioning Linux support in the toolchain. As always, please test and let us know what you find. Sooner or later I'll try to add proper support for things like images in projects, but that's a ways away.

Edit:
Quote:
The sample code on the C start recommends using graphc; which has been out of date for 9 months. In addtion, the libraries aren't even linkable; so it's not possible to compile pretty much all code.
Upgraded to using the SDK's latest template/src/main.c for the template.
Bumping this topic because the current CE C Toolchain integrated into SC3 is v7.3, released Jul 3, 2017. It is now on v9.2.2. I would highly recommend that there is a way that it is able to link to the latest release rather than having someone have to periodically download it, as it can get out of date pretty quickly...

Anyway, the template program is also pretty out of date. Perhaps just copy/paste the template hello world or template program example?

Thanks Smile
Well I've tried to update to 9.2.2 but for various reasons our compiler server is horrible so when it fails there's no indication of what's wrong and I haven't been able to work that out yet.

And what do you mean by "link to the latest release"? I don't think any kind of automatic update is a good choice for various reasons (but there's definitely room for making it easier to update on our end, which for most of the same reasons as the server being generally horrible isn't very feasible right now).
I rewrote the compiler server that sits behind sourcecoder and that permitted an update to 9.2.2, so that should be up to date now. I also updated the C file template, but your browser might have the old version cached.
Awesome thank you Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours