please look at it and tell me what you think.

the next step is edit the CSS file and start loading the user profiles

finally, please let me know if you find any phpBB artifacts hanging around.
So wait, you made this for your school? Thats crazy, your really good I have to admit and I must say that I definatly agree that, that is really good.
swivelgames wrote:
So wait, you made this for your school? Thats crazy, your really good I have to admit and I must say that I definatly agree that, that is really good.

its still fairly similar to phpBB cause I haven't finished modifying all the core files yet, but Ive still put in close to 20 hours on it at this point
Nice, your doing a great job from what I can see. Just the lay out is looking awsome. And I bet everything else is even better, nice work thomas Smile .
now i get to track down all the UVM staff, all the Mt Abe (my high school) staff and all the interns involved, take their picture and setup profiles for them.
1) the if using IE, try firefox thing: TOO BIG! its a nice touch, but a SMALL one, otherwise its very distracting

2) the side bar: a bit too wide, and the center-content looks bad. Left justify it

3) using a table to layout isn't the greatest. It would be better to use a tableless layout using CSS

4) the right side isn't lineing up (800x600 res on IE - i'm at school so i can't change this)
5) Make those last two icons in the left sidebar phpBB-style if that's what you're using. I can do that if you want.

6) Definitely left-align the sidebar and make it dynamically sized
thanks. Im actually changing all the other icons to make them UVM style. how would I make the other bar dynamically sized without using frames?
Just don't define a table width....
percentages. Go to techno-gremlins.org and look at the source there if you want to see how I did it once
He has percentages, that's why it's screwed up now, imho.
I have colspan right now.
well, when I did techno-gremlins, I didn't use tables, I did CSS
If you use divs and CSS, you can make a much cleaner and more adaptable layout.
like I said I did. When I took over the site, it was done in Frontpage with tables, I couldn't stand it
Ugh, frontpage is horrible. Your site actually is quite cool now, and it's compatible crossbrowser with minimal changes.
it is wc3 certified HTML and CSS. I hate WYSIWYG editors to begin with. I look at code. Frontpage will give you a brain annyresyum (sp?)
*aneurysm. I agree with you on that.
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) the if using IE, try firefox thing: TOO BIG! its a nice touch, but a SMALL one, otherwise its very distracting

thats the point.

Kllrnohj wrote:
4) the right side isn't lineing up (800x600 res on IE - I'm at school so I can't change this)

do you have a picture of it?
elfprince13 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

thats the point.

That would be like M$'s home page screaming "N()()B!" in your face if you are using IE - its unprofessional and just straight up ugly looking. By big i meant the top HALF of the screen. Shrink that crap outa my way

Quote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
4) the right side isn't lineing up (800x600 res on IE - I'm at school so I can't change this)

do you have a picture of it?

Not at the moment, I'll make one on monday (when i'm back at school, lol). You could try shrinking the browser, should achieve the same affect as the lowered res...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours