Hello, I've been trying to connect a FAT32 USB drive to my TI 84 Plus CE using Cesium, but it returns this error message.

"Use any FAT32 USB flash drive for external storage and transfer. You will need to install Libload and the FATDRVCE/USBDRVCE library from: http://tiny.cc/clibs

Press [enter] to retry."

I just downloaded USBDRVCE from this tutorial,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RAUtzDnvc

but it doesn't seem to have changed anything.
The project is still in development. No one but you seemed to care so I haven't bothered to finish it. I guess I should now.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The project is still in development. No one but you seemed to care so I haven't bothered to finish it. I guess I should now.

Oh. Well, good luck, and if you do finish it, I will be eternally grateful.
I'll do my best, I was actually just rewriting the FAT driver so hopefully that shouldn't take too much longer.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Just want to say that I really liked the feature and hoped you would develop on it more. I've expressed my thoughts in IRC a couple of times but haven't bothered to write a full blown post. I think it's a really cool idea and you should definitely do more with it. Smile
Is there any updated libraries I did this the other day and my drive didn't show up but It might be the drive even though it's fat32 formated.
No.
I am gonna try a different drive then thanks
I have made a new Cesium release, which should allow you to connect a drive now. See this link for more information: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=295694#295694
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I have made a new Cesium release, which should allow you to connect a drive now. See this link for more information: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=295694#295694

Holy crap, thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Alright, so I was trying use this to have more space to store videos from Cevidium, but Cevidium isn't detecting the .8xv files. Everything else works, though. I can run the app itself perfectly, and it has no issues connecting. Great Work!
Alright so I'm kinda dumb. I updated to the new cesium and installed the C libraries the only one I don't have is the MSDDRVCE I have the other ones. Where can I find it or what am I doing wrong like an idiot as usual.😦 I would love to see this feature. Great work you never fail it's always better than expected.
Edit: wait never mind I should have read your post like an idiot thanks.
Hello. I've recently bought a Ti 84 plus ce, and reading onlline, i saw that you could connect a usb drive to get more space. I've already installed LibLoad and the C libraries from google drive; however when I go to insert the usb stick it says:

Waiting for USB to be connected...
Please insert a FAT32 formatted drive.

Press [clear] to cancel

If you were wondering, the drive is already formatted as FAT32. I tried multiple sticks and drives but it stil gives me the same error.

I hope you can help with problem as I really need space due to a program that my school made me install.

Thanks everybody

CALCULATOR DETAILS

MODEL: TI 84 PLUS CE PYTHON EDITION
PROD #:13-07-05-0C00
OTHER CODES THAT I DON'T KNWO WHAT THEY MEAN
ON THE BACK UNDER THE SYMBOLS REGARDING WASTE AND OTHERS
R-R-TXN-84-PLCE
NEAR THE CONSTRUCTION DATE
DATE OF MANUFACTURING
L-0421S

I have installed CESIUM as jailbreak
Did you use the correct libraries? I'm not sure where "I got them from a google drive" means - whoever uploaded them probably isn't using the right one.
You should also make sure you are using the latest Cesium release and libraries as described in this comment: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/issues/191#issuecomment-942978985
I reinstalled the new version of Cesium and the libraries sent by you; though the problem is the same. I'm starting to think that the problem is the python version. Also if you were wondering I'm using a Toshiba stick, if that matters. Hope you can help me, but if not thanks still. Also sorry about the time, but I live in Italy and I'm 6 hours ahead of you
SaltyBarnacles wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Alright, so I was trying use this to have more space to store videos from Cevidium, but Cevidium isn't detecting the .8xv files. Everything else works, though. I can run the app itself perfectly, and it has no issues connecting. Great Work!

We're you ever able to get it to work?
I'm having a similar issue but I'm not sure if it's cesium or if it's because I didn't do the "make gfx" step correctly
Rickytime60 wrote:
I'm having a similar issue but I'm not sure if it's cesium or if it's because I didn't do the "make gfx" step correctly

Cevidium does not have any mechanisms to read appvars from a USB drive. You must use Cesium to transfer the appvars to the calculator first.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Rickytime60 wrote:

Cevidium does not have any mechanisms to read appvars from a USB drive. You must use Cesium to transfer the appvars to the calculator first.

Ah, so no videos larger than the calculators onboard storage are possible?
SaltyBarnacles wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Rickytime60 wrote:

Ah, so no videos larger than the calculators onboard storage are possible?

Until someone makes a video player that can use USB, yes that's correct
So i got a TI-84 Plus CE-T Python Edition a few weeks ago. I installed games etc. Now I want to use a flash drive for more storage/RAM. its already connected and everything in Cesium but when i put it in my calculator it freezes and than clears RAM and than i get an error: Error initializing FAT partition, Error code: 251.
How do i fix this?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours