If you've been around in the Discord server, you probably already know this: I'm creating a Pony Express Google Doodle clone for the CE. Yes, I know that it's done before. I'll do it again!

Anyway, there's something to look at:

So far I have envelopes working. I don't know what obstacles to add, or what the player's goal should be...

Any ideas?
Looks pretty neat; great progress so far. Smile

Have you tried adding explosions? Those make everything better.

Why is that a GIF and not an APNG. Sacrilege.
Stuff happened. Nothing to see here... just a few minor changes... Rolling Eyes

Given my poor French, I'm still not sure if I'm doing the translation correctly...

Right now, the translated strings are embedded directly into the program. I can choose which one to use with the following code:

Code:
// with tice.h and other necessary headers included

bool use_french = (os_GetSystemInfo())->hardwareType;

// ...
// later in the graphics code

fontlib_DrawString(use_french ? "en français" : "in English");

Okay, the actual code is more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

I wonder if it's feasible, for RPGs or other programs with lots of text, to create language packs: a program can store translated strings in an AppVar, which can be optionally downloaded... wait, maybe it's a stupid idea...
It's been a while since I last worked on this...no, no, haven't forgotten. Still at it.

I still can't decide what to do with this game right now. Should there be a limit? Should it be infinite? What other obstacles could I include? Any suggestions?

Oh—and before I forget: the repo: https://github.com/clocks-in-a-cooler/pony_express_ce
I unfortunately don't have much to add, just wanted to say that this is looking very good. I particularly like the look of the main menu and the smooth transition between it and the actual gameplay.

With that said, having this be endless would be a good idea, I think. Perhaps you could have there be more obstacles as the game progresses. Additionally, I'd like to see the options menu be reworked to look more consistent with the rest of the program (maybe keep that bit logo above it and just use the space below for options).

Keep up the great work!
Candledark wrote:
I still can't decide what to do with this game right now. Should there be a limit? Should it be infinite? What other obstacles could I include? Any suggestions?

I don't think there should be a limit. Rather, have something like " Chrome Dinosaur Game " where the user only dies when an obstacle has been hit. You should include a hay bush and some animals that chase after you. After all, it is the Wild West. As for suggestions, instead of using black lines to separate each track, I would use a sprite similar to the ground in The Dinosaur Game.

Anyway, fantastic job! Keep up the good work! Smile
This looks really great!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours